Treetop Tink Cake
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Green Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Green Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Blue Color Mist™ Food Color Spray Add to shopping list Blue Color Mist™ Food Color Spray
- Easy-Add Violet Color Mist™ Food Color Spray Add to shopping list Violet Color Mist™ Food Color Spray
- Non-toxic chalks (yellow, light and dark green)
Cake serves 46.
- Easy-Add 14 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Flower Forming Cup Add to shopping list Flower Forming Cup
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Flower Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Flower Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Disney Fairies Candle® Add to shopping list Disney Fairies Candle®
- Tall Tier Cake Stand (10, 16 in. Plates, 2 -6 1/2 in. Columns, Top Nut and Bottom Column Bolt)Easy-Add Tall Tier Cake Stand Add to shopping list Tall Tier Cake Stand
- Easy-Add Glue-On Plate Legs Add to shopping list Glue-On Plate Legs
- Easy-Add Cake Corer Tube Add to shopping list Cake Corer Tube
- Easy-Add Flower Spikes Add to shopping list Flower Spikes
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- 20-gauge florist wire (12-9 in. lengths)
- Tea Strainer
- plastic glue
Two days in advance: Make fondant leaves and flowers. For flowers, add 3/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex™ to 8 oz. fondant; tint violet. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut using Flower Cut-Outs™: cut 35 medium and 25 small flowers. Place on thick Shaping Foam and cup using ball tool from Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set. Set in Flower Forming Cup dusted with cornstarch for 10-15 minutes to shape. Tint 2 oz. fondant yellow. Roll tiny balls and attach for flower centers using a damp brush. Let dry, then brush on Pearl Dust™.
For leaves, add 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex™ to 14 oz. fondant; tint green. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using Leaf Cut-Outs™; cut 130 medium leaves and 60 small leaves. Place on thin Shaping Foam and score lines using small veining tool from Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set. Let dry in various positions on cornstarch-dusted Flower Formers. Grate green and yellow non-toxic chalk over tea strainer to create a powder; brush on leaves, then brush again with white Pearl Dust™.
Also: Glue plastic legs onto bottom of 16 in. plate.
Bake and cool 1-layer (2 in. high) 8 in. cake, 1-layer (3 in. high) 14 in. cake and 1/2 Sports Ball cake. Prepare 14 in. cake for Center Column Construction. Position 8 in. cake on 10 in. board with center hole cut out. Ice 14 in. cake blue. Spray with Violet and Blue Color Mist™ for random cloud effect. Position on base plate. Attach 10 in. plate to columns and secure with top nut.
Make fondant tree trunk. Tint 48 oz. fondant brown. Roll out 1/4 in. thick; cut a 5 x 8 in. rectangle. Brush plastic column with Piping Gel; cover the complete column with fondant and smooth seam. Cut a 3 1/2 x 6 in. rectangle, 1/8 in. thin at the top tapering to 3/4 in. thick at the bottom. Brush back with damp brush and wrap around bottom of tree trunk for tapered shape; smooth seam. Roll 10 logs, 9 in. long, tapering from 1/2 in. at top to 1 in. diameter at the bottom. Brush with damp brush and attach around tree, bending bottoms onto cake top for roots. Use veining tool from Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set to imprint vertical lines for bark. For tree limbs, cut 7 lollipop sticks to lengths from 4 to 5 in. Cover with fondant rolled 1/4 in. thick; smooth seams. Position to fit between tree trunk sides and bottom of top plate; attach with melted candy.
Place 8 in. cake on prepared cake circle; top with 1/2 Sports Ball cake. Position on 10 in. plate. Ice smooth using extra icing at the bottom to create a smooth mound going all the way to edge of prepared cake circle. Position candle on top. Use icing to attach medium leaves and medium flowers to cover tree top and hide plate edge. (Note: If cake will be transported, you will need to complete decorating at the party, after plate with 10 in. prepared board and cakes are positioned on tree trunk. In this case, keep plate edge exposed and add extra flowers and leaves at the party.) Use icing to attach leaves and flowers to 14 in. cake top and bottom border. Pipe tip 3 name; add tip 1 dots and outline stars. Cut wire into 7 in. and 9 in. lengths. Shape into curls and spirals, leaving 1 end straight; insert straight end into Flower Spikes and secure with fondant. Randomly insert spikes into 14 in. cake top and sides. Attach flowers and leaves, curls and spirals with melted candy.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown. Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown.