Tree-mendously Generous Mini Cakes
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
Your favorite firm-textured batter cake recipe such as pound cake
Mini cakes serve 47.
- Easy-Add 12 x 18 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 18 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Star Perimeter Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Star Perimeter Cookie Cutter
- Paring Knife
- Serving Plate
In advance: Make fondant loops and star. Roll out various colors of fondant 1/8 in. thick. For bow loops, cut strips 1/4 x 2 in.; cut 40 loops each in red, blue, green and yellow. Pinch ends together to form loops; let dry on side on cornstarch-dusted board. Cut star from yellow fondant using cutter. Cut 1/8 in. wide yellow strips for star swirl and lines. Shape swirl and attach along with lines using damp brush; let dry.
Bake 1-layer cake in 12 x 18 in. Sheet Pan and cool completely on Cooling Grid. Cut cake into 48 2-inch squares with paring knife. Cover squares with melted candy. Follow package directions for melting candy. Place cooled cakes on Cooling Grid positioned over Cookie Sheet or Pan. Pour candy on cakes, spreading to edges with spatula so that candy drips down and covers sides. Let dry.
For cake ribbons, roll out various colors of fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 1/4 in. wide strips to fit across top and sides of cakes; attach with damp brush.
Stack cakes in tree shape on serving plate, placing 21 for bottom layer, 14 for second layer, 7 for third layer, 4 for fourth layer, 1 for top layer. Attach loops to packages and lollipop stick to back of star with melted candy. Insert star on top.
During the hustle and bustle of the holiday season if you find yourself short on baking time, it won´t be a problem. Just purchase ready-make pound cakes and cut them down to size.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more