Treasure Trove Mini Cake
Guests will think they’ve struck it rich when they espy this rustic pirate trunk. Trim a 9 in. x 5 in. Loaf Pan Cake to 6 in. x 3 1/2 in.; attach trimmed pieces up top to create the trunk’s rounded shape.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
Mini-Cake serves 6
- Easy-Add 9 x 5 in. Loaf Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 5 in. Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 47 Add to shopping list Tip: 47
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 11 in. Straight Spatula Add to shopping list 11 in. Straight Spatula
Bake and cool cake. Trim to 6 x 3 1/2 in. wide; use pieces to build up a rounded top, 3 1/4 in. high at the center 2 3/4 in. high at outer edge. Ice smooth.
Use edge of spatula to make horizontal marks for boards, 1/2 in. apart, across top and sides. Use knife to make random marks for wood grain effect.
For banded edges, pipe tip 47 outlines, smooth side up; center band is 1/2 in. down from top edge. Using tip 4, outline and fill in front lock plate, 1 1/4 x 2 in. wide (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Pipe tip 4 dot rivets at corners and on lock plate; pipe 2 pairs of dots for side handles; flatten with finger. Use edge of spatula to indent line on all sides to indicate separate lid. Use tip 4 to pipe oblong keyhole (flatten slightly), ring keyhole and drop string side handles.
Pipe tip 3 name on lid.