Treasure Bounty Cake
- Easy-Add Red (no-taste) Icing Color Add to shopping list Red (no-taste) Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Cake Release Add to shopping list Cake Release
- light corn syrup
- Chocolate nougat candy
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
- White candy discs
- Candy-coated chocolate
- Rock candy (assorted colors)
- Candy necklace
- Jelly bean
- shredded coconut
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Little Pirate Pan Add to shopping list Little Pirate Pan
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Zip-Close Plastic Bag
We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icings in covered containers until ready to use.
Make 3 1/4 cups buttercream icing:
Tint 1/2 cup No-Taste Red/Christmas Red combination
Tint 1/2 cup copper (skin tone)
Tint 1/4 cup Golden Yellow/Lemon Yellow combination
Reserve 2 cups white (thin with 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup)
Decorate in Order
Ice sides and background areas smooth with thinned white icing.
Ice face, arms and hands smooth with copper icing.
Ice pants and bandana smooth with red icing.
Ice shirt smooth with yellow icing.
Shape chocolate nougat candy for legs and eye patch; position on cake. Add shoestring licorice for band on eye patch.
Position candy-coated chocolate for eye, jelly bean for nose and shoestring licorice for mouth. Add white disc candy dots on bandana and yellow-tinted coconut hair.
Position candies in hands.
Add candy-coated chocolates around bottom border.
To Tint Shredded Coconut
Place coconut in zip-close plastic bag with a few drops of green icing color, knead until color is evenly blended.
Preheat oven to 350°F or temperature per recipe directions. Your cake will unmold easily, without sticking, when you prepare the pan properly. Grease the inside of pan using a pastry brush and solid vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine or liquid vegetable oil). Spread the shortening so that all indentations are covered. Sprinkle about 2 Tablespoons flour inside pan and shake so that flour covers all greased surfaces. Turn pan upside down and tap lightly to remove excess flour. If any shiny spots remain, touch up with more shortening and flour to prevent cake from sticking. (You can use vegetable oil pan spray or vegetable oil pan spray with flour, in place of solid shortening and flour or use Wilton Cake Release, for perfect, crumb-free cakes!).
Make one 2-layer cake mix according to package or recipe directions. Pour the cake batter into pan, and if necessary, spread the batter around with a spatula to fill all areas of the pan evenly. Be careful not to touch sides or bottom of pan. Bake cake on middle rack of 350°F oven for 30-40 minutes or until cake tests done according to recipe directions.
Remove cake from oven and cool on cake rack for 10 minutes. While the cake is still in the pan, carefully slice off the raised center portion of the cake. This allows the cake to sit more level and helps prevent cracking. To remove cake from pan, place cooling rack against cake and turn both cake rack and pan over. Lift pan off carefully. Cool cake at least one hour. Brush loose crumbs off cake.
To transfer cake to serving board, hold a cake board against cake and turn both cake and rack over. Lift off rack. Hold another board against bottom of cake and turn cake over. Be sure to hold cake, rack and board close together while turning to prevent cake from cracking.
We recommend hand washing pan in hot, soapy water.