Traveling Transformers Mini-Cakes
Coat tires cut with our Circle Nesting Cutters from a Jelly Roll Pan cake with candy. Supply a grand finish by adding black-icing tire treads and Transformer Toppers.
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Lavender Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Lavender Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
Garden Candy Color Set (black)Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
Each Mini-Cake serves 1
- Easy-Add Non-Stick 17.25 x 11.5 x 1 in. Jelly Roll/Cookie Add to shopping list Non-Stick 17.25 x 11.5 x 1 in. Jelly Roll/Cookie
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Transformer Toppers Add to shopping list Transformer Toppers
- Easy-Add Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters Add to shopping list Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make wheels. Bake and cool 1-layer cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Cut wheels using Circle Cutter. Pour or pipe on melted candy to cover (see technique link). Add 2nd layer if necessary for smooth finish. Let set on waxed paper-covered boards.
Tint dark cocoa candy black. Add a drop or 2 of water to thicken candy for piping. Use cut parchment bag to outline and fill in zigzag tire treads, 1/8 in. wide, 1/8 in. apart. Chill until firm. Attach topper with melted candy.