Train Engine Cake
While this cake looks complicated to decorate, everyone can make this adorable cake using a 3-D cake pan to bake and simple decorating techniques like stars, zigzags and candy. Watch our online video.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Jumbo Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles Add to shopping list Jumbo Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles
- Easy-Add Sour Cherry Balls Add to shopping list Sour Cherry Balls
Cake (flat bottom) ice cream cone
chocolate chip cookies
Candy peppermint sticks
Fruit jelly round candies
Candy-coated chocolate dots
Chocolate Pound Cake recipe
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Choo-Choo Train Pan Set Add to shopping list Choo-Choo Train Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M (2110) Add to shopping list Tip: 1M (2110)
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Paring Knife
Spray pan with vegetable pan spray. Make chocolate pound cake batter. Pour batter into bottom half of prepared pan (the pan half without the hole) up to the pan rim. Snap top half of pan in place. Tie halves together with household string to prevent rising cake batter from forcing pan halves apart. Bake 50 minutes. Remove top of pan and continue baking until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 10 additional minutes. Cool in pan on cooling grid 10 minutes. Replace top of pan, turn cake over and remove bottom pan; let cake rest in top pan half until completely cool, at least 4 hours.
Trim off smoke stack from cake. Stand on foil-covered cake board. Ice windows smooth. Pipe tip 21 spiral on front of engine with white icing; attach sour cherry candy. Cover cowcatcher (bottom front) with tip 21 green icing lines. Cover engine with tip 16 blue stars. Add two tip 21 zigzag rows over engine in white icing; decorate with candy-coated chocolate dots. Spatula ice roof; attach licorice side-by-side to cover. Place cinnamon dots around windows. With icing, attach chocolate chip cookie wheels, fruit jelly wheel centers and candy sticks. Trim 1/2 in. off flat bottom of ice cream cone; press into cake. Pipe tip 1M white icing spiral into cone "smokestack". Add nonpareils and sour cherry candy.