Tracking the Transformers Cake
A candy Optimus Prime shaped in our Transformers Cake Pan and Transformers Icing Decorations turn a 2-layer round cake into a birthday blockbuster.
Transformers Icing Color Set (Blue, black)Easy-Add Transformers Icing Color Set Add to shopping list Transformers Icing Color Set
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Premium White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Premium White Candy Melts® Candy
Primary Candy Colors Set (blue)Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
Garden Candy Color Set (black, violet)Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
Transformers Icing Decorations (2 pks)Easy-Add Transformers Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Transformers Icing Decorations
Cake serves 77
- Easy-Add Transformer Cake Pan Add to shopping list Transformer Cake Pan
- Easy-Add 16 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 16 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 101s Add to shopping list Tip: 101s
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Silver Candles Add to shopping list Silver Candles
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 18 in. diameter foamcore or plywood (1/2 in. thick)
In advance: Make candy plaque using candy color set. Tint candy: 12 oz. dark blue (mix blue with black and violet), 10 oz. gray, 1 oz. each, black and light blue. Using Painting or Piping Method (see technique links), fill in black areas around eyes; chill until firm. Fill in light blue under eyes; chill. Pour in candy for gray mask area. Tap to settle; chill until firm. Pour in dark blue to complete plaque. Tap to settle; chill until firm. Use dots of melted candy to attach plaque to foil-covered, cut-to-fit Cake Board.
Bake and cool 2-layer cake. Ice smooth. Cut and insert dowel rods where candy plaque will rest. Use tip 101s to pipe top and bottom zigzag tire tracks, 3/4 in. wide. Use brush to pat smooth.
Position candy plaque. Pipe tip 10 message. Pipe tip 18 rosettes above message; insert candles. Pipe tip 4 bead bottom border. Attach icing decorations to cake sides.