Toy Story Buzz Lightyear Cake
Two-layer cake mix or make favorite layer cake recipe
light corn syrup
Cake serves 12.
Make 4 3/4 cups of buttercream icing:
• Tint 1/3 cup Green in set (or Leaf Green)
• Tint 1/3 cup Violet
• Tint 1/4 cup Black
• Tint 1/4 cup Buzz Skin Tone in set (or Copper)
• Tint 1/4 cup Royal Blue/Black combination
• Tint 1/4 cup Brown/Juniper Green combination
• Tint 1/3 cup gray (lighten Black with white icing)
• Tint 1/4 cup Christmas Red/Red-Red combination
• Tint 1/4 cup Lemon Yellow/Orange combination
• Reserve 2 cups white (thin 1 cup with 2 teaspoons light corn syrup)
Decorate in order:
Trace pan shape on cake board. Cut board and wrap with Fanci-Foil Wrap. Position cake on board.
Ice cake sides smooth with thinned white icing.
Pipe in eyes and teeth in white with tip 3 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Pipe in iris in Royal Blue/Black combination with tip 1 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Outline iris and pipe dot pupil in black with tip 1.
Outline remaining details in black with tip 3.
Pipe in buttons in Christmas Red/Red-Red combination with tip 3.
Pipe in patches in Black, white and Lemon Yellow/Orange combination with tip 3 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Pipe in bolts in Violet and Royal Blue/Black combination with tip 3 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch)
Cover suit with tip 13 stars in Green, gray and white.
Cover headpiece with tip 13 stars in Violet.
Cover face with tip 13 stars in Buzz Skin Tone.
Pipe eyebrows with tip 13 outlines in Brown/Juniper Green combination.
Pipe tip 21 shell bottom border in white.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more