Toy Box Tot Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 68.
- Easy-Add 8 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 12 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 12 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Guide Rings Add to shopping list Rolling Pin Guide Rings
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Baby 2-Pack Candy Mold Add to shopping list Baby 2-Pack Candy Mold
- Easy-Add Baby Face Topper Add to shopping list Baby Face Topper
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make toy box. Combine 2 teaspoons Gum-Tex with 21 oz. fondant. Roll out 3/16 in. thick using guide rings. Using patterns, cut 2 long sides, 2 short sides, 1 lid and 2 bases; cut one base vertically in thirds. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board.
Also: Make puddle dots on waxed paper-covered board using thinned royal icing in rose, yellow, green, violet and blue. Make 7-9 puddles in each color, 1 in. diameter. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
And: Make candy toys using painting method; make 2-3 of each shape in molds except sun, moon and star. Refrigerate until firm; unmold.
Prepare 1-layer cakes for Stacked Construction and rolled fondant. For 8 in. cake, tint 24 oz. fondant rose; for 12 in. cake, tint 48 oz. yellow. Cover cakes and smooth with Fondant Smoother; reserve remaining fondant.
Position cakes on double-thick foil-wrapped boards. Pipe tip 8 bead bottom borders in buttercream. Tint 1 oz. portions of fondant pastel blue, green and violet. Separately roll out, along with reserved rose and yellow fondant, 1/16 in. thick using guide rings. Cut 1/4 in. wide strips for toy box trim; attach to box pieces with damp brush, cutting to fit as needed. Assemble box with royal icing; let dry.
Cut letters and numbers for toy box using Cut-Outs; attach to box with damp brush. Attach puddles to cake sides with buttercream. Position base pieces which were cut in thirds in box to raise baby topper. Fill box with candy toys and position topper. Attach lid with royal icing or melted candy, supporting with tissue until set. Position toy box on cake.
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.