Tolling the Happy News Cake
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 64.
- Easy-Add 16 x 2 in. Heart Pan Add to shopping list 16 x 2 in. Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
Make the following color flow pieces at least 1 week in advance: 13 hearts, 20 rose flowers, 30 white flowers, two bells and four ribbons. Outline patterns using tip 2 and full-strength color flow. Let dry, then flow-in with thinned color flow. Let dry.
When completely dry, use full-strength color flow and tip 1 overpipe bell and tip 2 to pipe swirls on flowers. Make extras of all color flow pieces to allow for breakage.
Bake and cool two 1 1/2 in. cakes to form one 3 in. high cake. Prepare for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover cake with fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoothers.
Pipe tip 21 shell bottom border. Attach color flow pieces with dots of icing. Mark message using pattern and toothpick; write tip 4 message.