Tinker Bell’s Teapot Townhouse Cake
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Gold Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Gold Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Non-toxic pastel chalk (green, yellow, pink, ivory)
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Kit Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Kit
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Disney Fairies Candle® Add to shopping list Disney Fairies Candle®
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 14 in. Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 14 in. Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Tea Strainer
- 26-gauge florist wire (4 inches in length)
- Cotton Balls
- Waxed paper
Several days in advance: Make large teapot.
For teapot, melt 35 oz. white candy. Pour into bottom half of Ball pan. Chill until 1/4 in. shell forms; pour out excess candy. Chill until completely set; unmold. Repeat for 2nd half. Attach halves together with melted candy; let set. Roll out 15 oz. white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cover ball with fondant, smoothing with hands and trimming as needed. For doorway, tint 5 oz. dark brown, 5 oz. medium brown, 2 oz. light brown. Roll out light brown 1/8 in. thick. Cut door using medium round from 101 Cutters Set. Use wide end of tip 2A to cut away window. Use knife to mark vertical wood grain lines. Attach door to ball front using damp brush. Using medium brown, roll a 1/4 in. diameter log, 10 in. long. Attach around outer edge and across lower portion of door using damp brush; use knife to imprint light wood grain lines. Roll out dark brown 1/8 in. thick. Cut circle window using wide end of tip 2A; insert in door opening and smooth seam. Roll out very thin logs and use damp brush to attach over medium brown sections to look like ropes.
Add 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 3 1/2 oz. white fondant; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 9 1/2 x 1/2 in. strip and use damp brush to attach strip around door. Cut circle using largest round from 101 Cutters Set; cut a 1 1/2 in. section for awning. Use knife to make small V-shaped cuts, about 1 in. apart, around outer edge; attach above doorway with damp brush. Roll a 1/2 in. diameter ball and attach to top. For spout, roll a 2 1/4 in. long log that tapers from 1 1/4 to 1/2 in. diameter. Curve and let dry. For handle, roll out fondant 1/4 in. thick. Cut a 4 x 3/4 in. strip; curve and let dry. Attach spout and handle with melted candy.
Roll 2 small dark brown logs and attach at sides under awning for braces. Roll 2 tiny light brown balls and attach as accents. Reserve remaining dark and medium brown fondant. Use fine tip brush and gold Pearl Dust mixed with lemon extract to paint scroll details around doorway. Use tea strainer to grate ivory chalk; brush over teapot. Attach leaf roof with melted candy.
Also: Make flowers and leaves, hanging flower and branch. Tint and prepare fondant as follows: 20 oz. green (add 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex), 2 oz. pink (add 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex), 1/2 oz. yellow; 1/2 oz. white (add 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex). Roll out to 1/8 in. thick as needed; cut using cutters from Flower Making set. Using pink, cut 10 pansies and 13 apple blossoms; place on thick foam and cup using ball tool from Tool Set. Use damp brush to attach small yellow fondant ball centers. Using white, cut 10 forget-me-nots; place on thick foam and cup using ball tool. Use damp brush to attach small green ball centers. Let flowers dry on cornstarch-dusted surface. Using green fondant and rose leaf cutters, cut 55 small leaves and 50 large leaves (reserve excess green fondant); imprint veins on thin foam using veining tool from set. Let dry on small Flower Formers dusted with cornstarch. Make leaf roof from reserved green fondant. Roll out to 1/8 in. thick. Use patterns to cut 1 large and 3 small leaves. Imprint veins on thin foam using veining tool from set. Shape a 1 1/2 in. ball of green fondant into a flat-bottomed cone, 2 in. high; position on outside top curve of Ball pan. Arrange leaves around cone, using cotton balls to support curves; attach leaves to cone using damp brush. Roll 3 very thin logs of fondant. Wrap loosely around stems. Let dry. Finish leaves and flowers. Grate green, yellow and pink artist's chalk into dust using tea strainer. Brush all leaves with various strokes of green and yellow, then brush white Pearl Dust over all. Brush pink onto edges of white forget-me-nots. Make hanging flower and branch for tree. For hanging flower, tint 1 in. ball of fondant violet. Indent center; pinch top edge to thin and shape round bottom of flower. Roll out green fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut calyx using cutter from Flower Making Set; thin edges by rolling with modeling stick from set. Attach to flower with damp brush. Make small hole in center of flower; insert tiny fondant logs for stamens. Make a small hook on one end of wire; dip in water and push 1/2 in. into bottom of flower Let dry. For branch, tint 1/2 oz. fondant dark brown, 1/2 oz. medium brown. Add 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex; marbleize using the 2 shades of brown. Roll and curve into a 5 in. long log, tapering from 3/8 at outer tip to 5/8 in. where branch will attach to tree trunk. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Bake and cool 2-layer cake (bake two 1 1/2 in. high layers for a 3 in. high cake). Prepare for Stacked Construction and rolled fondant. Tint 36 oz. fondant light green. Cover cake with rolled fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Cut a Cake Circle to 3 in. diameter for under teapot; cover with green fondant. Tint 6 oz. fondant dark green. Roll 1/4 in. diameter logs. Using damp brush, attach to cake sides in various scroll patterns. Arrange and attach leaves and flowers around base using thinned fondant adhesive. Position teapot on cake. Attach tree branch to teapot using melted candy. Marbleize reserved dark and medium brown fondant. Use 1 oz. to shape fallen branch behind candle; attach using damp brush. Roll out 1 oz. 1/4 in. thick. Cut a circle using medium round cutter from 101 Cutters Set. Attach to cake for doormat. Use remaining brown mixture to shape tree trunk; position on cake and smooth top to attach to branch. Use veining tool to imprint wood grain on all pieces. Place small log of green fondant on cake near tree; attach forget-me-nots. Wrap wire stem of hanging flower around tree branch. Position candle.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown. Combine Brown with Red- Red and Black for medium and dark brown fondant. Combine Brown with Red-Red for light brown.