They'll Gobble it Up Cookies
Why not give this symbol of the season a place of honor on your Thanksgiving dessert table? It’s a combination of what guest love, all rolled into one. Turkey body is created from a candy plaque made with Candy Melts® shaped in the Sports Ball Pan set. Feathers are made with delicious Roll-Out Cookie recipe and neck and wings take flight with Chocolate Roll-Out Cookie recipe.
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Orange Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Orange Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Red Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Red Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Orange Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Orange Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugar
Chocolate Cookie Recipe
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Set Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan Set
- Easy-Add Leaves and Acorns Nesting Metal Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Leaves and Acorns Nesting Metal Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Mini Ghost & Pumpkin Candy Mold Add to shopping list Mini Ghost & Pumpkin Candy Mold
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Styrofoam block 10 in. circle 2 in. high
Using "painting method" and Pumpkin mold, mold 20 to 25 pumpkins. Refrigerate until firm; unmold. Make desired amount and flavors of truffles, refrigerate until ready to position.
Use Sports Ball Pan, 2 pks. of melted cocoa candy and make shell top and bottom. Fill pan or mold to the top edge with melted candy. Tap on counter to remove air bubbles. Let chill in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes or until a 1/4 in. shell has formed. Pour out excess candy, smooth top edges with spatula and chill for 15-20 minutes longer. Carefully unmold shells (if you have difficulty removing shells, place in freezer for 2-3 minutes, then unmold). Excess candy can be reheated and used again. Refrigerate until firm, unmold.
Tint large batch of cookies yellow and use largest maple leaf cutter to cut 28 "feathers". Before baking, sprinkle cookies with sugars: 7 yellow, 8 orange, 13 red. Use smallest maple leaf cutter to make 2 yellow "feet". Bake and cool according to directions. Attach lollipop sticks to backs of feather cookies with melted candy.
Roll out chocolate cookie dough. Cut turkey body out and 2 wings using largest oak leaf cookie cutter. Bake and cool according to directions. Use melted candy to attach lollipop sticks to backs of wings; attach 2 lollipop sticks to back of body for support. Pipe eyes and wattle (tint white Candy Melts® red) and attach candy corn nose with melted candy in cut parchment bag.
Glue 10 in. Cake Circle to bottom of craft circle; wrap with foil. Attach bottom half of chocolate shell to base and pumpkin candies to side of base with melted candy. Insert feathers in ascending order behind candy base, trimming sticks to desired lengths. Attach feet to base with melted candy. Insert body and wings. Fill shell with truffles and pumpkin candies. Position top of shell.