They'll Gobble It Up Pie
Serve a rare bird this Thanksgiving. Top a pumpkin pie with a turkey shaped from pastry shapes cut with our medium and large round cutters from our 101-Piece Cookie Cutters Set. Surround the turkey with piped-on feathers created with tinted Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix.
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix Add to shopping list Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix
Favorite Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pie serves 12.
- Easy-Add Pumpkin Pie Pan Add to shopping list Pumpkin Pie Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Tip: 366 Add to shopping list Tip: 366
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutters Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutters Set
In advance, prepare 2-crust piecrust. Place 1 crust in pan. With second crust, cut shapes for body and head using medium and large round cutters.
Prepare pie following recipe instructions. Bake pie, body and head pieces. Let pie cool at room temperature and refrigerate overnight.
Prepare whipped topping and divide in 5ths. Tint red, orange, yellow, brown; divide remaining 5th in half; tint 1/2 black and leave remaining half white.
Starting at outer edge, pipe 2 rows of tip 366 feathers in red. Add two rows each of tip 366 orange and yellow feathers to cover top of pie.
Ice body and head smooth with spatula then position on pie. Pipe tip 21 pull-out stars in brown for wing feathers. Add tip 6 ball eyes and tip 4 dot pupils.
Pipe two tip 352 pull-out leaves for beak; add tip 6 outline wattle.
Note: Combine Red-Red and Christmas Red for red shade shown. Combine Brown and Red-Red for brown shade shown.