They Call It Home Cookies
It's the scene-stealer of the season! They Call it Home Cookies create the perfect holiday setting, with favorite Christmas cookie shapes at play around our Pre-Baked Gingerbread House.
Pre-Baked Gingerbread Kit
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Miniature candy canes
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Christmas Themed Cookie Cutters Add to shopping list Christmas Themed Cookie Cutters
- Easy-Add 8 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add 8 in. Straight Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Straight Spatula
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Paring Knife
- Waxed paper
- Cellophane Tape
In advance, make cookies. Prepare and roll out gingerbread dough. Using cutters from set, cut 1 Santa, 1 snowman and 5 trees. Cut 7 triangle easel stands, 2 in. high x 1 in. wide at base. Bake and cool all cookie pieces.
Divide cottage sides into 3 sections for windows (each 1 3/8 in. wide x 2 in. high). Using royal icing, outline each section in brown with tip 3. Pipe in yellow windows with tip 5 (smooth with finger dipped in corn starch). Pipe tip 5 outline brown X's below windows.
Mark bottom windows on front and back of barn 1 1/2 in. wide x 2 1/2 in. high. Mark top windows on front and back of barn 1 1/2 in. wide x 1 3/4 in. high. Decorate windows as on sides. Ice board with white royal icing and position barn.
Attach reindeer to windows with tip 12 dots of icing; add pipe tip 2 outline antlers.
Decorate trees. Cover with tip 16 pull-out stars in green; position mini jawbreakers. Add tip 5 snow in white and attach easel stand to back with royal icing.
Decorate Santa. Outline and pipe in tip 5 suit and hat in red. Use spatula to indent lines for arms and in between legs. Pipe in tip 3 face in copper. Add tip 2 black dot eyes and copper nose. Pipe tip 3 white beard, hat trim and pom pom. Pipe in boots with tip 2 in black (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 3 green mittens. Attach easel stand to back with royal icing.
Decorate snowman. Outline and pipe in with tip 5 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 12 white arms, tip 5 green hat, Add tip 2 hat band and facial features in black. Pipe tip 5 red band scarf with tip 2 pull-out fringe. Attach easel stand to back with royal icing.
Ice roof, creating scallops with angled spatula. Attach jelly rounds to peaks of scallops. Cut jelly rings in half and attach to roof peak. Pipe tip 5 icicles around peaks and eaves. Attach mini candy canes at corners and jelly rounds at base of house. Position cookies.