There'll Be a Hot Time! Cake
Heat up a birthday party by creating a fire-breathing dragon that exhales a personal greeting written on parchment paper. Create the shape from two Heart Pan cakes and appendages cut from cookie dough.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lavender Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Lavender Colored Sugar
Cakes serve 18; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Heart Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 366 Add to shopping list Tip: 366
- Easy-Add Geometric Crinkle Mini Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Geometric Crinkle Mini Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Cookie Spatula Add to shopping list Cookie Spatula
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- colored markers (orange, yellow and black used)
- Easy-Add 20 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 20 in. Cake Circles
Tint a portion of cookie dough violet; roll out and cut spikes using triangle cookie cutter; sprinkle with lavender sugar.
Roll out plain dough; trace top leg, foot, tail and arm patterns with toothpick. Cut cookies with knife. For eyes, form two 2 in. balls of dough; flatten at bottom edge. Bake and cool all cookies.
Bake and cool two 1-layer heart cakes. Position top heart horizontally, pointed end facing left. Position bottom heart at an angle, with its pointed end against the lower rounded side of the top heart. Join cakes together with icing to form head and body, then lightly ice both cake tops. Using patterns, mark mouth and belly areas with toothpick. Pipe in tip 5 mouth and tongue (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe in belly area with tip 10 lines. Cover cakes with tip 18 stars in light green with dark green spots; overpipe head for dimension. Cover all cookies except spikes with tip 18 stars. Position cookies; insert spikes.
Add tip 366 leaf teeth. Pipe tip 5 dot nose and nostrils. Ice eye cookies smooth and position; pipe tip 18 stars on eye lids; add tip 5 dot pupils.
Trace flame pattern on parchment; cut out with scissors. Using markers, draw flame lines and print message. Position over cake.
*Note: Combine Leaf Green and Lemon Yellow for light and dark green shown. Combine Violet and Rose for violet shown.