Their Official Initials Cake
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 94.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 15 in. Hexagon Pan Add to shopping list 15 in. Hexagon Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- 18 in. square plywood or foamcore board (1/2 inch thick)
- 7 yards 1/4 in. wide brown ribbon
- Waxed paper
- Double-stick tape
Several days in advance: Make last name initial. Draw letter, about 5 in. tall, and tape pattern to cake board; cover with waxed paper and dust with cornstarch. Tint 60 oz. fondant brown to match ribbon. Add?1 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 8 oz. brown fondant (reserve remaining fondant). Roll a 3/8 in. diameter rope and position over pattern; let dry at least 48 hours. Use fondant adhesive to attach 2 (or more, depending on letter) lollipop sticks to back of letter, allowing 2 in. at bottom to insert into cake. Make an extra to allow for breakage and let dry.
Also: Prepare hexagon base board. Cut plywood or foamcore 1 1/2 in. wider on all sides of hexagon pan. Cover with brown fondant; reserve remaining fondant.
Bake and cool 2-layer round cakes. For hexagon cake, bake and cool 3 layers 2 in. high; trim 1 layer to 1 in. high to make a 5 in. high cake. Prepare cakes for Stacked Construction. Tint 150 oz. fondant ivory; cover cakes and smooth with Fondant Smoother. Brush cake tops with Pearl Dust. Stack cakes on base board; pipe tip 4 bead bottom borders in buttercream. Cut 12 ribbons 4 1/4 in. long. Attach to hexagon cake sides with royal icing dots. Cut 2 ribbons to circle each round cake; attach about 1/4 in. apart. Pipe monogram on each side of hexagon cake using tips 1 and 2.
Make tassels. Tint reserve brown fondant a darker shade. Roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick. For each tassel, cut a 2 x 5 in. strip; cut 1 3/4 in. long slits for fringe, 1/8 in. apart. Brush plain edge with damp brush and roll; separate fringe ends slightly. Roll 5/8 in. ball of fondant and attach to top using damp brush. Attach tassels to cake sides using fondant adhesive. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut out 6 circles using small opening of tip 2A. Attach to cake corners.
At reception: Insert letter.
*Combine Brown with Black and Red-Red for brown shown.
** The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.