Their New Horizon Cake
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (132 oz.)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Sugar Pearls Sprinkles Add to shopping list Sugar Pearls Sprinkles
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake Serves 43 **
- 4 Pc. Oval Pan Set (3 smallest pans used)Easy-Add 4 Pc. Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list 4 Pc. Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 2 1/2 in. Globe Tier Set Add to shopping list 2 1/2 in. Globe Tier Set
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 15 x 11 in. plywood or foamcore board (1/2 in. thick)
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make bride and groom. Tint fondant: 8 oz. light rose, 8 oz. black, 8 oz. skin tone; reserve 72 oz. white. Use 2.5 in. globes for heads and bodies. Tape top holes closed on globes for heads. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Brush globes lightly with Piping Gel.
For adult heads, cut a 6 in. fondant circle; for body, cut a 2 1/2 x 8 in. fondant strip. Attach fondant to globes; smooth with hand. Cut fondant away from open holes. Cut 3-6 in. diameter circles for hair, then use knife to cut hairline; carefully remove excess fondant. Attach hairline with damp brush, then smooth. If desired, add 2nd layer or use veining tool to add detail. Let dry 1 hour before drawing facial features. Use FoodWriters to draw dot eyes and outline mouths.
For Bride: Roll 2 1/2 in long logs, 3/8 in. wide for arms; shape and attach. Cut small ovals for sleeves or cut two white pansies; cut off 2 top petals. Attach sleeves above arms. Also, add hair curls: Roll out black fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut 1/4 in. wide strips from 4 to 6 in. long. Loosely wrap around wooden dowel rods to form curls. Let set 5-10 minutes. Slide off and let set another 10 minutes, then attach to top of hair. For tiara: Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut shape using pattern. Attach Sugar Pearls for jewels with Piping Gel.
For Groom: Use pattern to cut away shirt front; cut white shirt and insert. Cut small triangles for collar as needed. Use pattern to cut 1 lapel; reverse pattern for 2nd lapel. Attach using damp brush. Shape 3/4 in. wide bow tie; or cut a 1 1/4 x 3/8 in. strip for straight tie; attach. Roll 2 1/2 in. long logs, 1/2 in. wide for arms; shape and attach. Roll and flatten small balls for hands; cut slits for fingers and attach.
Also in advance: Make pansies. Tint 8 oz. fondant light rose. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut 100 light rose and 1 white pansy using cutter from set. Set on thick foam and shape using ball tool. Roll small balls for centers; attach using damp brush. Let dry in melting plate.
Finally in advance: Prepare base board. Using 13.5 x 9.8 in. pan as a guide, cut board 3/4 in. larger then pan on all sides. Cover with 36 oz. dark rose fondant.
Position pansies. Trim 2 pillars to 6 in.; insert in top layer. Slide bride and groom over pillars. Attach white pansy in bride’s hands with dots of icing.
*Combine Brown with Red-Red and Black for skin tone shown.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more