Long Loaf Pan
Their Limo Awaits Cake
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 18.
- Easy-Add Long Loaf Pan Add to shopping list Long Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 127 Add to shopping list Tip: 127
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Ethnic Love's Duet Ornament Add to shopping list Ethnic Love's Duet Ornament
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Paring Knife
- craft blocks two 1 in. high x 1 1/2 wide x 3 in. long; one 1 in. high x 1 in. wide x 6 in. long
- Round toothpick
In advance, tint 7 oz. fondant black and 2 oz. gray. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 5 oz. black fondant and 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 2 oz. gray fondant. Roll out black fondant with Gum-Tex 1/4 in. thick and use largest Round Cut-Out to cut 4 tires. Cut out center of tires using large opening of tip 127. Roll out gray fondant 1/4 in. thick and use large opening of tip 127 to cut 4 hubcaps. Imprint spoke lines in hubcaps by slightly rolling toothpick on its side. Inlay and attach hubcaps in tires with damp brush. Use small opening of tip 2A to cut 4 center circles for hubcaps. Attach hubcap centers to hubcaps with damp brush. Let tires dry on surface dusted with cornstarch. Reserve remaining black and gray fondant.
Bake and cool cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Trace side pattern on one side of cake with toothpick; reverse pattern and trace other side of cake. Trim cake following pattern. With icing, attach portion of cut cake to extend front hood 1 1/2 in. Cover double thick cake board and craft blocks with foil. Prepare cake for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. For raised portion of hood, roll fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut following pattern; position on cake. Cover entire limo with fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother, so that raised portion of hood shows through. Roll out remaining black fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut all windows using patterns and paring knife. Attach windows to limo with damp brush. Use paring knife to score around windows, doors, hood and trunk. Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 1/8 in. wide strips to frame windows; attach with damp brush.
Place cake on covered craft blocks. Place 3 in. covered craft block pieces under front and back area of cake in an axle position; place 6 in. long covered craft block under center of car. Roll out reserved gray fondant 1/8 in. thick; trace and cut grill using limo front pattern. Score grill lines with knife. Cut two 1/8 in. wide gray strips and attach to grill with damp brush. Attach tires to cake with damp brush. To make fenders, cut four 1/2 in. wide x 4 in. long pieces of white fondant and trim edge for beveled effect; attach above wheels with damp brush and trim to fit. Tint portions of white fondant red and yellow. Using patterns, cut out large and small taillights, headlights, running lights, door handles, front and back bumpers, trunk handle and license plate holder; attach with damp brush. For front and back bumpers, headlights and large taillights, wrap extra fondant around sides. Position ornament.
*Note: Combine Red-Red and Christmas Red to achieve red shade used. Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow to achieve yellow shade used.