The Witch Waltz Cake
Invite this friendly frequent flyer to your Halloween party! Colorful shaped cake shows a smiling witch dancing a jig with her broomstick.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Ballerina Bear Pan Add to shopping list Ballerina Bear Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 9 Add to shopping list Tip: 9
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 45 Add to shopping list Tip: 45
- Easy-Add Tip: 127D Add to shopping list Tip: 127D
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Bell Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Bell Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
In advance: Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough. Use pattern and knife to cut hat; use bell cutter to cut broom top. Bake and cool cookies. Attach hat cookie to cookie stick with melted candy, leaving 3 in. extended at bottom. Attach broom top cookie to pretzel with melted candy; let set.
Bake and cool cake. Trim off top of bow, muzzle, laces and sides of legs to shape. Ice cake sides and background areas smooth. Ice face and skirt areas smooth. Use toothpick to mark all details. Use patterns to mark eyes and mouth. Use tip 3 to outline details; fill in eyes, pupils, mouth, empty hand and add bead tongue (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 45 stripe on hat and at waist. Cover top of dress, face, arms, slippers and cookie hat with tip 16 stars; overpipe nose and cheeks with tip 16 stars. Pipe tip 9 outline striped socks (smooth with finger). Insert cookie hat. Pipe tip 18 pull-out star hair. Pipe tip 127D ruffles for hat brim and skirt. Add tip 6 outline hat buckle. Position pretzel broom; cover with tip 18 bristles. Build up fingers over pretzel with tip 9 lines. Outline with tip 3 and cover with tip 18 stars. Pipe tip 9 ball bottom border.
*Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown. Combine Violet with Rose for light violet shown. Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.