The Wedding Party Makes the Rounds Cakes
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (180 oz)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers (pink, black)Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cakes Serve 94
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Kit Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Kit
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake and Treat Display Set Add to shopping list Cake and Treat Display Set
- Globe Pillar Sets (2 in. - 1 set)Easy-Add Globe Pillar Sets Add to shopping list Globe Pillar Sets
- Globe Pillar Sets (2.5 in. - 4 sets)Easy-Add Globe Pillar Sets Add to shopping list Globe Pillar Sets
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- 26 guage cloth-covered florist wire (white; 2 in)
- White Tulle (6 x 10)
At least 3 days in advance: Make people. Tint fondant as follows: 34 oz. skin tone, 16 oz. black, 14 oz. violet, 6 oz. yellow, 4 oz. dark brown, 4 oz. light brown; reserve 100 oz. white. Roll out 1/8 in. thick as needed.
For Brides, Bridesmaids, Grooms, Groomsmen and Kids: Use 2.5 in. globes for heads and bodies of adults, 2 in. globes for kids. Tape top holes closed on globes for heads. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Brush globes lightly with Piping Gel. For adult heads, cut a 6 in. fondant circle; for body, cut a 2 1/2 x 8 in. fondant strip.
For kids heads, cut a 5 in. fondant circle; for body, cut a 2 x 6 1/2 in. fondant strip. Attach fondant to globes; smooth with hand. Cut fondant away from open holes. Cut 3-6 in. diameter circles for adult hair; 2-3 in. diameter for kids’ hair; position loosely. Use knife to cut hair line; carefully remove excess fondant. Attach hairline with damp brush; smooth. If desired, add 2nd layer or use veining tool to add detail (see following for specific hairdos). Let dry 1 hour before drawing facial features. Use FoodWriters to draw dot eyes and outline mouths.
For grooms and groomsmen: Use pattern to cut away shirt front; cut white shirt and insert. Cut small triangles for collar as needed. Use pattern to cut 1 lapel; reverse pattern for 2nd lapel. Attach using damp brush. Shape 3/4 in. wide bow tie; or cut a 1 1/4 x 3/8 in. strip for straight tie; attach. Roll 2 1/2 in. long logs, 1/2 in. wide for arms; shape and attach. Roll and flatten small balls for hands; cut slits for fingers and attach.
For brides and bridesmaids: Roll 2 1/2 in long logs, 3/8 in. wide for arms (1/4 in. wide for kids); shape and attach. Cut small ovals for sleeves or cut two white pansies; cut off 2 top petals. Attach sleeves above arms. For Veil: Gather 6 x 10 in. tulle and wrap with florist wire. Insert in hair.
For ring bearer’s pillow: shape a 3/4 in. square; attach. Shape very thin strips of gray fondant for 2 rings.
Hairdos: For bride’s curls, cut 1/8 in. wide strips and wrap around lollipop stick to form curliques. Let set 5-10 minutes; slide off and let set again 5-10 minutes. Attach individual strands, trimming lengths as needed.
For groom’s spikes: roll and shape tiny logs; attach.
For flat blond spikes: cut 5 starbursts and attach in layers.
For hair bows: shape 2 loops from 1/2 x 1 1/2 in. wide strips; roll small ball for center knot. Attach.
Also in advance: Make flowers. For all flowers, roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut using cutters from set. For bride and each bridesmaid, make 1 apple blossom and 5 forget-me-nots in white for bride and violet for bridesmaids (6 for flower girl). For groom and each groomsman, make 1 forget-me-not; white for groom, violet for groomsmen. For cakes, make 30 white pansies. Set all flowers on thick foam and shape using ball tool. In royal icing, pipe tip 3 dot centers on pansies and tip 2 dot centers on all other flowers. Let pansies dry in melting plate.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes (bake two 1 1/2 in. layers for 3 in. cakes). Prepare and cover with rolled fondant.
Use dividing wheel to divide cakes: 12 in. into 12ths, 10 in. into 10ths, 8 in. into 8ths. For each side drape, cut a 3 x 5 in. rectangle. Gather into folds and pinch ends together. Use damp brush to attach in curve between division marks, trimming ends at an angle to fit.
Pipe tip 3 bead bottom borders in buttercream. Attach pansies with icing dots. Trim pillars to 7 in. for 2.5 in. globe adults and 6 in. for 2 in. globe kids. Push into cakes. Slide on people.
* Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.
* Combine Brown with Red- Red for light and dark brown shown.
** The smallest tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number ofservings given does not include the smallest tier.