The Ultimate Party Hat! Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment Add to shopping list Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment
- Easy-Add Pink Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list Pink Cake Sparkles™
- Easy-Add Green Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list Green Cake Sparkles™
- Easy-Add Purple Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list Purple Cake Sparkles™
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix Add to shopping list Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix
Cake serves 24.
- Easy-Add Fanci-Fill™ Cake Pan Set Add to shopping list Fanci-Fill™ Cake Pan Set
- Easy-Add 37 Piece Alphabet & Number Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list 37 Piece Alphabet & Number Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Paring Knife
- Waxed paper
- Cake plate
Several days in advance: Make fondant cake top pieces. Mix 24 oz. fondant with 2 teaspoons Gum-Tex; tint yellow. Roll out 3/16 in. thick. Cut 8 arch strips, 8 1/2 x 1 in. wide.
Cover arch patterns with waxed paper; dust with cornstarch. Position strips on patterns, resting on sides; let dry. Also: Using pattern, cut out cross.
Insert toothpick in bottom and let dry on cake board dusted with cornstarch.
Roll and stack 1 1/4 and 2 in. diameter fondant balls for cross base; stack together and make center hole using toothpick. Remove toothpick; position on cornstarch-dusted board. Reserve remaining yellow fondant.
For jewel pieces, tint 4 oz. portions of fondant purple, rose and green. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using smallest round Cut-Out, cut 50 circles in each color.
Brush tops with water and sprinkle with matching color Cake Sparkles.
Prepare 2-layer cake mix; bake and cool cake following pan directions. Prepare whipped icing mix, and add confetti sprinkles.
Fill and assemble cake following package directions. Ice smooth.
Roll out reserved yellow fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 3/4 in. wide strip for top and bottom borders, long enough to wrap around cake; position on cake.
Using damp brush, attach fondant circles 1/4 in. apart on arches and border strips.
Roll out violet fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut letters and "!" using Cut-Outs. Attach message with icing. Insert cross in base; position on cake top.
Position arch pieces.
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.