The Tree’s All Aglow! Cookies
More than just a pretty dessert, this sparkly cookie tree creation can also be used as a centerpiece at your holiday gathering.
- Easy-Add Pre-Baked Gingerbread Tree Kit Add to shopping list Pre-Baked Gingerbread Tree Kit
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
- Easy-Add Glucose Add to shopping list Glucose
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Jumbo red spice drops
1 gingerbread tree.
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Craft knife
- Waxed paper
One day in advance, paint multi-colored candies included in kit with glucose, one at a time, and roll in White Sparkling Sugars; let dry on waxed paper.
One day in advance, thin royal icing with water to a pouring consistency. One at a time, place cookies on cooling grid positioned over cookie sheet and cover with thinned royal icing. Immediately cover cookies with White Sparking Sugars and let dry on cooling grid.
To make bow, roll out spice drop on surface covered with granulated sugar. Cut 10 strips, 1/4 in. wide x 3 in. long. Secure open ends of strips together with royal icing and let dry on sides. Assemble loops together to form bow and secure with royal icing; let dry on waxed paper.
When cookies are completely dry, stack from largest to smallest; attach with royal icing. Position bow on top and attach multi-color candies with royal icing.