11 x 15 in. Perfor…
The Swing Set Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- granulated brown sugar
- large spice drops
Cake serves 22.
- Easy-Add 11 x 15 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 11 x 15 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 224 Add to shopping list Tip: 224
- Easy-Add Tip: 234 Add to shopping list Tip: 234
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Glue gun
- Craft glue
- 1 1/2 yards Thin white cord
- Styrofoam craft block
- straight craft pins
- Waxed paper
Using royal icing make approximately 25 rose and 25 yellow tip 224 drop flowers with tip 2 white dot centers. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry. Figure pipe kids using royal icing. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
To Make Kids on Swings: Secure two blocks of Styrofoam together with craft pins to create a seating platform on which to pipe figures. Cover with waxed paper and pin in place. Using tip 2A, pipe trunk of body; add tip 12 legs with shoes; tip 8 arms with tip 3 hands. Cut four 12 in. lengths of cord. Position cord on hands, allowing 4 in. cord to hang below; pipe fingers over hands to hold cord in place. Add tip 12 ball heads with tip 1 dot and string facial features; pipe tip 1 pull-out hair, tip 1 zigzag ponytail holders. Add tip 2 details to clothing and shoes. Kid on slide: Secure a piece of cardboard at a 45° angle to Styrofoam block. Cover with waxed paper. Pipe kid using tips and directions above. Make swing seats: Cut two 1 in. x 2 in. pieces of cardboard, punch holes on each end for cord. Ice smooth with royal icing and let dry.
Spatula ice 1-layer cake. Pipe tip 234 pull-out grass bottom border. Wrap ends of swing set and slide with foil to prevent any glued areas from touching cake. Carefully position swing set on cake, pressing in to secure. Tie swing kids on seats to swing set and secure knot with a dot of hot glue, if necessary. Tie onto top brace of swing set, trim excess cord. Position slide, attach kid with dots of royal icing. Add tip 234 grass accents; position drop flowers. Add granulated brown sugar. Pipe tip 4 name.
To Make Swing Set: Cut wooden dowel rods: One 10 in. length for top brace; four 11 in. lengths for legs. Cut lollipop sticks: Two 7 in. lengths for slide sides; two 21/2 in. lengths for slide braces; six 2 in. lengths for ladder steps; two 5 in. lengths for ladder sides; two 4 in. lengths for swing side braces. Cut a 2 in. x 7 in. piece of cake board for slide platform. Using craft glue to secure, cover all pieces with Fanci-Foil; let dry. Assemble using hot glue: Ladder and Slide: Glue six ladder steps onto two ladder sides. Glue two slide sides onto the slide platform. Glue the ladder to the slide; add the two slide braces. Swing: Glue two A-frames using two 11 in. legs and one 4 in. swing side brace for each. When dry, glue the A-frames to the top brace approximately 1 in. from each end; push a gum drop onto each end, securing with dot of glue if necessary.