The Princess Travels In Style Cake
Claim the title of fairy godmother! Turn a Sports Ball Pan cake into a captivating coach with cookie additions (we supply the patterns) and plenty of White Pearl Beading.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 55 Add to shopping list Tip: 55
- Easy-Add Tip: 102 Add to shopping list Tip: 102
- Easy-Add Tip: 225 Add to shopping list Tip: 225
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Round Comfort Grip™ Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Round Comfort Grip™ Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Circle Metal Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Circle Metal Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 9 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 9
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add White Pearl Beading (4mm) Add to shopping list White Pearl Beading (4mm)
- Easy-Add White Pearl Beading (6mm) Add to shopping list White Pearl Beading (6mm)
- Easy-Add 8 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Waxed paper
1-2 days in advance, roll out dough and cut 2 horses and 1 brace (a rectangle dough piece, 2 in. x 1 1/2 in), 2 large wheels using Comfort Grip Round Cutter and 2 small wheels using circle metal cutter. Make extras to allow for breakage. Bake and cool.
Thin royal icing, place cookies face down on a cooling rack over a pan, then pour on icing. Cover the backs of the cookies first, let dry completely (several hours), then turn cookies over and cover the fronts. Let dry completely.
Using full-strength royal icing and flower nail, make six tip 102 roses with tip 7 bases. Make approximately thirty-five tip 225 drop flowers with tip 2 dot centers. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Use royal icing to decorate the cookies. Horses: Using tip 2, outline back legs and tail, pipe string tail, add pull-out string mane and zigzag girth. Using tip 3, add dot and string bridle, dot eyes, outline ears and zigzag hooves. Pipe tip 2 zigzag strap the length of the horses body and attach 4mm beading. Cut a 10 in. length of pearl beading and attach one end to the bridle. Set aside and let dry completely. Once both the horses are completely dry, attach the short end of the brace to the back of one horse. Let dry. Position the second horse forward and attach other end of brace to it. Let dry. Wheels: Decorate both sides, beginning with the back first. Let dry completely between sides. Following the wheel spokes patterns, use tip 3 to outline edge of wheel and pipe design. Attach 6mm beading. Attach drop flowers and pipe tip 349 leaves.
Decorate the carriage cake with buttercream icing: Assemble ball cake; using an angled spatula, ice smooth in sections from top to bottom. Using patterns, dot mark door and windows. Fill in windows using tip 3, smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Outline door and windows using tip 55, add dot doorknob. Attach 4mm beading around door and windows.
Using tip 3, outline divisions on carriage and attach 6mm beading.
Attach drop flowers above the windows and door and add tip 349 leaves. Position roses on top and add tip 352 leaves. Attach wheels to sides of cake with dots of icing. Position horses and attach loose ends of beading to front of carriage.**
**Remove pearls before cutting and serving.