The Princess' Pony Cake
This multi-layered round cake, topped with a Party Pony Pan cake and pretty-in-pink (and purple) decorations, is sure to please diminutive divas. Color Flow plaques, piped-icing borders and personalized message give this cake a lovely lift.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 122.
- Easy-Add Party Pony Pan Add to shopping list Party Pony Pan
- Easy-Add 18 x 3 in. Half Round Pan Add to shopping list 18 x 3 in. Half Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 102 Add to shopping list Tip: 102
- Easy-Add Tip: 126 Add to shopping list Tip: 126
- Easy-Add Tip: 129 Add to shopping list Tip: 129
- Easy-Add Tip: 225 Add to shopping list Tip: 225
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Pink Celebration Candles Add to shopping list Pink Celebration Candles
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 20 in. diameter plywood or foamcore board
- Waxed paper
Several days in advance: Make plaques for cake sides. Use pattern to make 10 ovals; tape to board and cover with waxed paper. Outline with tip 2 and full-strength color flow; fill in with thinned color flow. Let dry. Using royal icing, fill 10 tip 102 roses with tip 6 bases; let dry. Pipe 140 small drop flowers with tip 225 and 30 medium with tip 129; add tip 2 dot centers. Make extras to allow for breakage; let dry. Attach center rose plus 3 medium and 10 small drop flowers to each oval using royal icing dots. Let dry. Brush all with Pearl Dust.
Bake and cool Pony cake plus 2-layer base cake (bake four 2 in. high Half-Rounds to make 4 in. high round).
Ice base cake smooth and prepare for Stacked Construction.
For round cake, pipe tip 16 shell bottom border; cover with tip 126 ruffle. Use Cake Dividing Set to divide cake sides into 10ths; attach prepared ovals at marks, about 1/2 in. down from top edge. Mark midpoint between ovals at top edge; use tip 4 to pipe 2 double drop strings, each 2 1/2 in. wide, 1 1/2 in. and 1 in. deep. Attach small drop flower at midpoint; pipe tip 4 dots over ends.
Position Pony cake.
Pipe tip 3 message.
Position small drop flowers, about 1 in. apart, around edge.
Pipe tip 18 rosettes on cake top; insert candles.