The Posse Is Circling! Cake
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Carousel Cake Set Add to shopping list Carousel Cake Set
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Waxed paper
In advance: Decorate horses. Slightly thin royal icing; paint mane, tail and hooves. Let dry. Make cowboys. Tint fondant as follows: 24 oz. yellow, 3 oz. green, 2 oz. black, 2 oz. dark blue, 7 oz. dark brown, 7 oz. light brown, 1 oz. copper. Roll 3/4 in. ball heads; roll out colors 1/8 in. thick and cut 1 x 3/4 in. rectangle shirts; let dry and add dots with FoodWriters. Cut small slits for arms. Roll 3/8 x 4 in. logs for pants. For boots, roll out fondant 1/4 in. thick; cut 3/4 x 1/2 in. strip. Cut slit for heel and shape for pointed toe. For hat brims, make a 1 in. flat circle; for top, shape a 1/2 in. ball into an oval. Indent top and attach to brim with damp brush. Curl brim edges slightly. Cut a 1/8 x 2 in. strip for hat band and attach. For hair, cut 1/2 x 1/8 in. wide triangles; attach to head. Draw facial features with FoodWriters. For hands, flatten a 1/4 in. ball; cut slits for fingers. Attach all pieces to horses with Piping Gel. Reserve remaining fondant colors.
Tint 84 oz. fondant blue. Prepare 2-layer round cake for Push-In Pillar Construction. Prepare cake for fondant by icing lightly with buttercream. Cover cake with blue fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. Position on foil-wrapped cake board, cut to fit. Cover peak of carousel canopy with blue fondant. Roll out remaining blue fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut a 4 x 36 in. strip. Cover inner edge of canopy rim, then bring remainder of strip over rim to cover outside. Trim off excess and smooth. Tint portion of fondant medium blue. Roll out 1/8 in. thick and cut 1/4 x 5 in. strips; attach to divide canopy sections. Roll out green and brown fondant 1/8 in. thick for cake trims. Using knife, and patterns cut 8 cactus; also cut hill sections in light and dark brown. Attach to cake sides with damp brush. For rope bottom border, roll two 39 x 1/8 in. diameter logs; twist together and attach with damp brush. Repeat for rope trim on canopy, using 32 x 1/8 in. diameter logs to make rope for each rim section. Attach with damp brush, curving ends down. Make a 5 x 1/8 in. diameter lasso to meet ends and attach. For knots, make a 1/8 in. diameter flattened ball and attach. Cover finial with yellow fondant, attaching with damp brush.
At party: Assemble cake following carousel package directions.
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown. Combine brown with a small amount of Christmas Red and Black for light and dark brown shown.