Stand-Up Cuddly Be…
The Playmaker Cake
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 9 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 9
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Note: Chocolate Buttercream mixed with a small amount of White Buttercream may be used instead of white buttercream tinted brown.
In advance, make basketball shells. Tint melted white candy with candy colors (orange with small amounts of red and blue). Fill two Mini Ball Pan cavities with melted candy. Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes, just until candy begins to set. Remove from refrigerator and pour out excess melted candy, leaving a shell coating inside pan. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold when set and attach halves with melted candy. Use end of flower nail to score seams in ball.
Bake and cool cake following directions on. Trim right hand and forearm off bear.
Ice bottoms of feet and inside of ears smooth with spatula. Cut dowel rod to 3 1/2 in. and insert 1 1/2 in. into cake to extend right arm 2 in. Pipe-in tip 4 facial features (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Outline jersey with tip 4. Cover fur and jersey with tip 16 stars. Pipe tip 4 number on jersey. Position ball next to cake.