The Picture of Romance Cake
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 220
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2D Add to shopping list Tip: 2D
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Photo Frame Topper Add to shopping list Photo Frame Topper
- Easy-Add 5 in. Curved Pillars Add to shopping list 5 in. Curved Pillars
- 2 of each size Decorator Preferred® Square Separator Plates (8, 10, and 12 in needed)Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Square Separator Plates Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Square Separator Plates
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- 16 x 16 x 1/2 in. foamcore board
- 64 inches of 1/2 in. wide brown ribbon
- Double-stick tape
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes. Ice smooth and prepare for Separator Plate and Pillar Construction. Tint 48 oz. fondant brown and roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut 3/4 in. strips and attach to all edges of cake sides with dots of icing; trim as needed to fit. Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Use wide end of tip 2D to cut brown and white circles. Brush backs with water, attach brown circles at corners to cover seams and white circles on cake sides. Attach ribbon to base board with tape.
At reception: Assemble cakes. Insert favorite photo and position topper
*Combine Brown with a little Black and Red-Red for brown shown.
**The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.
***Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or topper. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure topper to the plate with double-stick tape.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more