The Magical One Cake
With the wave of a wand, this magical princess is transformed using the animal crackers pan and the 10 in. heart pan. Covered in pink ready-to-use rolled fondant and surrounded in red fondant hearts, she’ll capture the heart of your one year old.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Pink Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list Pink Cake Sparkles™
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 24.
- Easy-Add Animal Crackers Pan Add to shopping list Animal Crackers Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Heart Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Nesting Hearts Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Hearts Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 20 x 24 inches 1/2 in. thick foamcore board
- Paring Knife
Several days in advance: Make fondant crown, points, hearts and bow. Tint 36 oz. fondant dark pink and 48 oz. light pink using rose icing color. For crown, knead 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex into 5 oz. light pink fondant. Roll out 1/4 in. thick. Using pattern, cut crown. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface. For points of crown, roll 5 dark pink balls, 1/2 in. diameter; attach to crown with damp brush.
For hearts, roll out dark pink fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut wand heart using 3rd largest heart cutter. Cut several hearts using smallest and 2nd smallest cutter; brush with water and sprinkle with Cake Sparkles. Let all hearts dry on cornstarch-dusted surface. Print name on wand heart and message on crown using pink FoodWriter. Brush edges of wand heart with water and sprinkle with Cake Sparkles. Attach wand heart to lollipop stick with thinned fondant adhesive; let dry. For bow, roll out dark pink fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut two 4 in. long loop strips and two 3 in. long streamer strips, all 1/2 in. wide. Attach loop ends together with damp brush; let dry on side on cornstarch-dusted surface. Let streamer strips dry on dowel rod. Roll 1/2 in. ball for bow knot. Reserve remaining fondant.
Bake and cool Animal Crackers and 1-layer heart cakes. On Animal Crackers cake, trim off muzzle and eyes, trim portion of ears to flatten (crown will rest on remaining ear areas). Prepare cakes for rolled fondant. Tint 28 oz. fondant skin tone, 6 oz. yellow combination and 2 oz. black. Cover heart cake with dark pink and Animal Crackers cake with skin tone fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. On heart cake, use straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser to imprint diagonal lines from bottom of dress to top; space 1 in. apart at bottom, tapering to top center. Do not cut through fondant. Place cakes on foil-wrapped double-thick board, cut to fit assembled cakes.
Roll out light pink fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut dress using pattern; attach to heart cake with damp brush. Trim excess if needed. For sleeves, roll two 2 1/2 in. balls of light pink. Press dowel rod in sides to create arm openings.
For arms, cut dowel rods in two 3 in. lengths. Roll out copper fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 21/2 in. square for each arm and attach around dowel rod with damp brush, leaving 1/2 in. open at top. Attach arm in sleeve with damp brush. For hands, roll two 2 in. copper balls; flatten to 1/2 in. thick and cut notch for thumb. Shape into left and right hands, then cut 1/2 in. wide slits for fingers. Wrap right hand fingers around wand. Attach hands to arms with damp brush. For bracelets, roll twelve 1/4 in. dark pink balls; attach with damp brush. For shoes, roll two 3 1/4 x 1 1/2 in. wide dark pink logs; flatten to 3/4 in. thick. Cut notch for heel and shape rounded toes. Attach shoes and crown to cakes with damp brush. For hair, roll out yellow fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 1/4 x 6 in. strips and wrap around lollipop sticks; slide off sticks and let dry 10 minutes. Attach to cake with damp brush; work from bottom side up towards top center, overlapping curls. For eyes, roll two 1/2 in. black balls; flatten and attach. For mouth, roll out black fondant 1/8 in. thick, cut and attach.
For cheeks, roll two 3/4 in. light pink balls; flatten and attach. For eyelashes, roll out black fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 3/8 in. strips, taper ends and attach with damp brush. For ribbon, roll out dark pink fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut a 1/2 x 8 1/2 in. long strip. Attach ribbon and bow to cake with damp brush. Position hearts around cake.
*Note: Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow for yellow shown.