The Lights of Hanukkah Cake
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
Cake serves 54.
- Petal Pan Set (15 in. used)Easy-Add Petal Pan Set Add to shopping list Petal Pan Set
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 14 Add to shopping list Tip: 14
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Hanukkah Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Hanukkah Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 19 in. square double-thick cardboard or
- 1/2 in. thick foam-core for base
Prepare 2-layer 15 in. petal and 1-layer 6 in. round cakes for rolled fondant and stacked construction.
Tint fondant as follows: 78 oz. blue, plus 4 oz. each of yellow, orange, violet and green. Reserve 2 oz. white. Cover cakes with blue fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. Roll out tinted fondant 1/8 in. thick and use menorah cutter from set to cut 2 menorahs in each color. Attach to petal sides near top edge with damp brush. Pipe tip 5 outline menorah branches, tip 4 outline candles and tip 2 outline candleholders on fondant menorahs. Add tip 14 pull-out star flames.
Cut assorted fondant dots using narrow end of tip 12; attach to sides of round cake with damp brush.
For large candles, cut 8 plastic dowel rods to 8 in. long and one to 7 in. long. Cut assorted color fondant strips, 1/4 x 15 in. Wind and attach strips around dowel rods with a damp brush, placing strips around 5 in. of the dowel rod. Wrap 7 in. candle in blue and 2 each in other colors. Attach white fondant balls to tops of rods to resemble dripping wax. Insert a 3/4 in. piece of black shoestring licorice for wick; insert wick in a teardrop-shaped yellow fondant flame. For candleholders, roll out fondant 1/4 in. thick; cut large circle using wide end of tip 1A and small circle with wide end of tip 2A. Attach small circle to large with damp brush. Push candles into fondant circles up to beginning of spirals. Set aside.
For round cake bottom border, roll a 1/4 in. diameter x 21 in. long blue fondant rope; attach with damp brush. For petal cake bottom border, roll fondant 1/16 to 1/8 in. thick and cut eight 4 1/2 x 7 in. rectangles. Gather each rectangle into 3 folds and attach to petal sections with damp brush; trim as needed. Roll 1/2 in. fondant balls and attach with damp brush at meeting points of each drape. Insert candles into cake just below candle rings, placing 7 in. candle in round cake.