The Greatest Clown On Earth Mini Cakes
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Cake Release Add to shopping list Cake Release
light corn syrup
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Mini Wonder Mold Pan Add to shopping list Mini Wonder Mold Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add White jumbo baking cups Add to shopping list White jumbo baking cups
We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icings in covered containers until ready to use.
Make 2 cup buttercream icing:
Tint 1/4 cup orange
Tint 1/4 cup yellow
Tint 1/4 cup blue
Tint 1/4 cup red (Red-Red/Christmas Red combination)
Tint 1/4 cup black
Reserve 1/2 cup white
Decorate in Order
Use spatula and white icing to ice face area smooth.
Use spatula and orange icing to ice hat area smooth.
Use tip 104 and orange icing to pipe ribbon hat brim.
Use tip 3 and black icing and tip 3 to pipe string eyes.
Use tip 3 and green icing to pipe zigzag hat band.
Use tip 10 and red icing to outline and pipe-in mouth.
Use tip 10 and red icing to pipe flower petals on hat.
Use tip 10 and yellow icing to pipe dot in center of flower.
Use tip 21 and blue icing to pipe pull-out hair.
Position gumball nose.
Trim 1/2 in. off baking cup edges and position cake in center.
Preheat oven to 350 For temperature per recipe directions. Your cake will unmold easily, without sticking, when you prepare the pan properly. Grease the inside of pan using a pastry brush and solid vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine or liquid vegetable oil). Spread the shortening so that all indentations are covered. Sprinkle about 2 Tablespoons flour inside pan and shake so that flour covers all greased surfaces. Turn pan upside down and tap lightly to remove excess flour. If any shiny spots remain touch up with more shortening and flour to prevent cake from sticking. (You can use vegetable oil pan spray or vegetable oil pan spray with flour, in place of solid shortening and flour, or use New Wilton Cake Release, for perfect, crumb-free cakes!).
Make one 2-layer cake mix according to package or recipe directions. Pour 2/3 cup cake batter into each well in pan, about 2/3 full. Be careful not to touch sides or bottom of pan. Bake cake on middle rack of 350 F oven for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done according to recipe directions.
Remove cake from oven and cool on cake rack for 10 minutes. While the cake is still in the pan, carefully slice off the raised center portion of the cake. This allows the cake to sit more level and helps prevent cracking. To remove cake from pan, place cooling rack against cake and turn both cake rack and pan over. Lift pan off carefully. Cool cake at least one hour. Brush loose crumbs off cake. To transfer cake to serving board, hold a cake board against cake and turn both cake and rack over. Lift off rack. Hold another board against bottom of cake and turn cake over. Be sure to hold cake, rack and board close together while turning to prevent cake from cracking.
We recommend hand washing pan in hot, soapy water.
*Combine Red-Red and Christmas Red for red shown.