The Gifts Stack Up! Cake
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Red Icing Writer™ Add to shopping list Red Icing Writer™
- Easy-Add Yellow Icing Writer™ Add to shopping list Yellow Icing Writer™
- Easy-Add Blue Icing Writer™ Add to shopping list Blue Icing Writer™
- Easy-Add Green Icing Writer™ Add to shopping list Green Icing Writer™
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Writer™ Add to shopping list Violet Icing Writer™
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Square Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Square Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Christmas Cookie Tree Kit Add to shopping list Christmas Cookie Tree Kit
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
One week in advance: Prepare gum paste following package directions and tint green. Roll out gum paste 1/8 in. thick and prepare the following (make extras to allow for breakage):
Ring Spacers (to raise tree branches): Cut 1/4 in. wide strips, wrap around plastic dowel rods, trim ends evenly and let dry.Star Branches: Using all cutters except the smallest, cut 2 stars of each size. Using a plastic dowel rod, cut out center holes. Lay stars on cornstarch-dusted surface to dry several days.
Tint a small amount of fondant yellow and cut out one star using smallest star cutter. Lay on cornstarch-dusted surface to dry. Using royal icing, pipe tip 1 lines on star branches. Let dry.
Prepare and cover 2-layer round cake with rolled fondant.
Cut 1 in. off end of plastic dowel rod and insert rod into center of cake. Thread gum paste ring spacers and star branches alternately onto rod, stacking stars from largest to smallest.
Attach yellow star to top with royal icing.
Using medium Cut-Out, cut square gifts from primary and neon fondant. Attach to cake using damp brush.
Pipe dots and string ribbons and bows on squares using Icing Writer. Cut 1/2 in. wide strips of white fondant. Attach in loose folds to bottom border with damp brush. Roll small balls of fondant and attach randomly onto cake with damp brush.