The Future’s in Their Hands! Cupcakes
This confident graduate is ready to stand on her own two feet and celebrate. Make cupcakes in Silly-Feet! Silicone Baking Cups and pipe a buttercream icing mound for head. Make mortarboard, hands and tassel with tinted fondant. Two thumbs up for a super accomplishment!
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Square Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Square Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Silly-Feet! Silicone Baking Cups Add to shopping list Silly-Feet! Silicone Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
In advance: Make arms, mortarboard and diploma. For each arm, cut a cookie stick to 3 in. Tint portions of fondant orange and roll out 1/16 in. thick. Wrap fondant around cookie sticks, leaving 3/4 in. exposed at each end; attach with damp brush. Reserve remaining fondant.
For mortarboard, roll out reserved fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut top using largest square Cut-Out. For mortarboard base, cut a 3 1/2 x 1/8 in. fondant strip. Attach ends of strip with damp brush to form a circle. Attach base to top with damp brush. Let dry overnight.
For hands, tint portions of fondant copper and brown; roll 3/4 in. balls of fondant and insert on one end of fondant-wrapped cookie sticks with damp brush. Slightly flatten fondant ball and cut fingers and thumb on each hand with knife.
For diploma, roll out white fondant 1/16 in. thick; cut a 1 1/2 in. x 1 in. rectangle and roll up. Position diplomas in hands and wrap fingers around, securing with damp brush; let dry.
Bake and cool cupcakes in silicone cups supported by cookie sheet.Cover cupcake tops with tip 1A icing mound. Smooth with spatula to create a rounded head.
Pipe tip 2 dot noses and tip 3 dot cheeks (flatten and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Outline and pipe in tip 2 mouths. Pipe tip 3 curly hair. Pipe tip 2 dot pupils and tip 1 pull-out eyelashes.
Attach mortarboard and insert arms in cupcakes.
For tassel/cord, roll out yellow fondant 1/16 in. thick and cut a 1 x 1 1/2 in. rectangle. Cut small slits for fringe on 1 in. side and roll up.
For cord, flatten end of tassel without fringe and trim to form a thin string; attach to mortarboard top with damp brush.
For top button, roll a small fondant ball and attach with damp brush.
*Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown.