Floating Tiers Cak…
The Future's Wide Open! Cake
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add White-White Icing Color Add to shopping list White-White Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Green Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Green Candy Melts® Candy
- lemon extract
Cake serves 116.
- Easy-Add 6 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Button Flower Fondant Cut & Press Set Add to shopping list Button Flower Fondant Cut & Press Set
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Flower Forming Cup Add to shopping list Flower Forming Cup
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Floating Tiers Cake Stand Add to shopping list Floating Tiers Cake Stand
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Waxed paper
Two days in advance: Make flowers. Add 1 tablespoon Gum-Tex to 24 oz. fondant. Tint 4 oz. portions light pink, light violet and light orange. Tint 3 oz. portions dark pink, dark violet and dark orange. Tint a 2 oz. portion green and 1 oz. yellow. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Following Cut & Press directions, make 9 pink, 9 violet and 10 orange 2-tone flowers, 28 yellow centers and 52 medium leaves. Let flowers dry in cornstarch-dusted Forming Cups. Dry centers and leaves on cornstarch-dusted cake boards.
Also: Prepare stems. Cut 26 sticks to 6 1/2 in. and 1 stick to 5 1/2 in. Gently curve two 6 1/2 in. sticks by bending slightly against table edge. Mix green, yellow and white-white colors with lemon extract. Brush all cut lollipop sticks and one 8 in. stick with mixture and let dry on waxed paper-covered board.
Bake and cool 3 in. high round cakes. Ice smooth. Pipe tip 4 bead top and bottom borders on all cakes.
Imprint cake sides with smallest heart Cut-Out. Outline imprints with tip 2. Assemble flowers. Lighten melted green candy with white candy; attach flowers to stems. Let set. Insert flowers in 10 and 14 in. cakes, positioning 2 1/2 in. apart and 1 in. from edge. Attach 2 leaves to each stem with melted candy; let set. For top tier, insert 1 uncut flower stem in center, 2 curved stems on either side and 5 1/2 in. stem in front. Attach 1 leaf to each stem with melted candy; let set.
*Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown. Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown. Combine Royal Blue with Violet for blue cake shade shown.
**The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.