The Fairy Tale Begins Castle Cake
A sweet trail begins this fantasy tale! The royal couple will be enchanted by this charming cake finished with Castle and Horse and Carriage Figurines.
Cake serves 44.
- Easy-Add 8 in. Round pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Round pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 32 Add to shopping list Tip: 32
- Easy-Add Tip: 129 Add to shopping list Tip: 129
- Easy-Add Tip: 225 Add to shopping list Tip: 225
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Castle Figurine Add to shopping list Castle Figurine
- Easy-Add Horse and Carriage Figurine Add to shopping list Horse and Carriage Figurine
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- 2004 Pattern Book (Castle Path)Easy-Add 2004 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2004 Pattern Book
In advance, using royal icing, make 350 tip 129 drop flowers and 400 tip 225 drop flowers, all with tip 3 dot centers. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
In advance, cut path pattern from triple-thick cake board. Wrap board with foil and ice smooth with royal icing. Edge with tip 4 beads, attach flower clusters and add tip 352 leaves in royal icing. Attach flowers to edge of horse and carriage ornament with icing.
Ice 1-layer (3 in. high) cakes smooth in buttercream and prepare for stacked construction. Using Cake Dividing Set, divide 10 and 12 in. cakes into 12ths. Pipe tip 3 double drop strings, the longest 1 1/4 in. deep, between division marks. On 8 in. cake, pipe tip 32 crown border, spacing shells 1 1/2 in. apart. Pipe tip 3 double drop strings 1 3/4 in. deep, between shell bottoms. Attach tip 225 drop flowers with dots of royal icing to each shell and at points of all drop strings. On all cakes, pipe a tip 32 line of icing at bottom border; attach flowers in both sizes; add tip 352 leaves in royal icing.
At reception: Position a dowel rod, cut to fit, in bottom cake where castle path will rest. Position castle, horse and carriage and path on cake.