The Crowd's in the Clouds! Cake
Create a cloud-and-sky background on a white-iced cake by spraying blue Color Mist Spray along the torn edge of a paper towel. Reposition the towel and repeat the process until surface is covered.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Blue Color Mist™ Food Color Spray Add to shopping list Blue Color Mist™ Food Color Spray
Cake serves 22.
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add 37 Piece Alphabet & Number Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list 37 Piece Alphabet & Number Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Paper towels
- Craft knife
Ice 1-layer cake smooth. Make cloud and sky effect on cake top using Color Mist™ and paper towels. Use paper towel wide enough to cover width of cake.
Tear paper towel in half horizontally to create rough scallops. Place one cut side of paper towel up slightly below top edge of cake and spray Color Mist™ along torn edge.
Repeat process, moving towel down 1 1/2 in. each time, until entire surface is covered with cloud effect.
Roll out primary colored fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 3 balloons in each color, using medium round Cut-Out™; position on cake.
For eyes, roll 1/4 in. white fondant balls; attach with damp brush. Draw pupils and mouths with black FoodWriter™.
Cut message from primary blue fondant, using alphabet Cut-Outs™; position on cake.
For balloon ties, cut small fondant triangles with craft knife; position. For balloon strings, cut 1/8 in. wide fondant strips; position.
Add tip 21 zigzag puff bottom border.