The Creepiest Cranium Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 3-D Skull Pan Add to shopping list 3-D Skull Pan
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Craft knife
Bake cake according to package directions. Prepare to be covered with fondant by lightly icing with buttercream.
Cover face with skin tone combination color fondant. Cut out where mouth is and cover area with black fondant.
To make gums, use Red-Red/Brown combination fondant and make two thin logs and attach with damp brush. Lighten skin tone with a small amount of white and cut out teeth; attach with damp brush. Roll two logs for lips; attach with damp brush.
For eyes, roll two 1 1/4 in. balls and attach. Use large opening of a standard tip to cut out skin tone eyelids and attach with damp brush. Roll thin logs for eye muscles and attach from eyeball to socket.
Use modeling sticks from kit to imprint wrinkles and details. Brush Black, Red-Red and Ivory icing color details to add dimension to face.