The Coolest Recess! Gingerbread House
This school house is really rocking. Happy gingerbread children are outside frolicking with snowmen and dancing around decorated trees. The roof is trimmed with striped gum and royal icing icicles.
- Easy-Add Pre-baked Gingerbread House Kit Add to shopping list Pre-baked Gingerbread House Kit
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Chocolate Sugar Wafer Cookies
Red shoestring licorice
Chocolate Nougat Pieces
50 sticks Cinnamon Gum
3 Sugar cones
Rolled Fruit Strips
1 gingerbread house.
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Holiday Mini Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Holiday Mini Metal Cutter Set
- 13 x 19 in. Cake Board cut to 12 in. x 12 in. SquareEasy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Serrated knife
Make trees in advance: Use serrated knife to trim sugar cones to various heights. Using royal icing, cover trees with Tip 16 pull-out stars. Add Tip 2 dots pull-out snow; let dry.
Assemble house according to package directions; attach to board. Cut cinnamon gum into small pieces and attach to roof with icing in overlapping fashion, starting at eaves. Cut wafer cookie into 4ths and attach upright for chimney.
Roll out fondant and use gingerbread boy cutter from set to cut out 11 children. Pipe Tip 1 eyes, mouth and hair. Pipe-in Tip 2 shoes (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch and Tip 3 clothing.
Pipe-in windows and door with Tip 7 zigzags (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Outline window panes and door with Tip 3; attach mini jawbreaker doorknobs. Edge house seams with Tip 16 zigzags. Pipe Tip 7 and 3 snow and icicles on roof top, house sides and chimney. Pipe Tip 104 band banner over doorway; print Tip 1 message; outline banner with Tip 3 Break off 1 in. length of candy cane and attach with icing over door for bell hanger. Attach shoestring licorice to candy bell from kit and position on hanger.
Ice cake board fluffy with spatula. Build up snow around house and on walkway with Tip 7 zigzags. Add Tip 7 outline footprints. To make snowman, stack and ice three marshmallows, and insert pretzel sticks for arms. Shape hat from chocolate nougat candy and attach to head with icing. Cut scarf from rolled fruit candy and wrap around neck. Pipe Tip 1 facial features and add candy corn for nose. Position trees and children. Pipe Tip 3 ball mound of snowballs and snowballs in children's hands.