The Christmas Couple Cookies
THE couple that makes the season bright. Invite these sweethearts to your holiday party and watch the fun begin. Santa and Mrs. Claus are cut from Roll-Out Cookie Dough and decorated with quick-drying royal icing.
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add 9-Pc. Colorful Holiday Cutter Set Add to shopping list 9-Pc. Colorful Holiday Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Waxed paper
Prepare cookie recipe, tint copper. Roll out and cut cookies using gingerbread boy and girl cutters from set. Bake and cool following recipe directions.
Decorate the following in full-strength royal icing on a waxed paper-covered board.
For Santa, outline and pipe in tip 4 jacket and hat in red, boots in black. Add tip 2 dot nose in copper, dot mouth and outline eyes in black. Add tip 3 swirl hair, beard and fur trim in white. Add tip 3 dot pompom and pull-out moustache in white. Pipe tip 3 outline belt in black and buckle in yellow.
For Mrs. Claus, outline and pipe in tip 4 dress in red. Outline and pipe in tip 4 apron and shoes in white. Add tip 2 dot nose in copper, dot eyes and outline mouth in black. Add tip 3 swirl hair in white.
*Combine red-red and Christmas red for red shade shown.