The Big Wheel Arrives! Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
Red-Red Icing Color (Combine Brown with Ivory and a little Red-Red for light brown shown)Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
Black Icing Color (Combine Brown with Red-Red and a little Black for dark brown shown)Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Extra Fine Tip FoodWriter® Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list Extra Fine Tip FoodWriter® Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 77.
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 Square Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 7 pc. Deluxe Brush Set Add to shopping list 7 pc. Deluxe Brush Set
- Easy-Add Fondant Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set Add to shopping list Fondant Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list Cookie Treat Sticks
- 101 Cookie Cutter Set (Letters)Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 3 in. Grecian Pillars Add to shopping list 3 in. Grecian Pillars
- Easy-Add 3 in. Globe Base Set Add to shopping list 3 in. Globe Base Set
- Dowel Rods (Wooden or Plastic)Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 12 x 22 in. foamcore board (1/2 in. thick)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Facial tissue
- Waxed paper
Begin about 1 week in advance: Make fondant wagon.
Tint fondant: 60 oz. light brown (add 2 tablespoons Gum-Tex) and 24 oz. dark brown (add 1 tablespoon Gum-Tex) for wagon. Roll out light brown 1/4 in. thick. For sides, cut two 18 x 3 in. and two 11 1/2 x 3 in. panels. For side trims, cut four strips each 18 1/2 x 3/4 in. and 12 x 3/4 in. Let dry for 5 days on cornstarch-dusted board. Reserve excess fondant.
For base, lightly mark a 12 x 18 in. rectangle on foamcore board; position Base Hitch pattern at center point of 1 end and mark outline. Cut foamcore and wrap with Fanci-Foil. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 4 x 5 in. rectangle to cover Base Hitch area only. Attach upright side panels and trims using fondant adhesive; let dry. Reserve remaining light brown for bear trims.
Roll out half of dark brown 3/16 in. thick. Cut 4 wheels using largest round cutter from 101 Cutters Set. Roll out reserved white fondant; cut 4 wheel centers using smallest round cutter from set. Roll out remaining dark brown fondant. Use pattern to cut out handle. Use knife to cut a 1/4 x 1/2 in. deep slot into 1 end of Plastic Dowel Rod to hold handle. Brush rod with Piping Gel; cover with 3 x 12 in. fondant rectangle, smoothing with hands and keeping slot clear. Let all pieces dry for 3-4 days on cornstarch-dusted boards. Attach handle to rod using fondant adhesive. Let dry. Attach handle and wheels to wagon at reception.
Make fondant bear. Tint fondant: 20 oz. dark brown (add 2 teaspoons Gum-Tex) for bear; plus 1/2 oz. black for trims, use reserved light brown fondant from wagon. Use small ball of fondant to close off top hole of 1 globe for head. Roll out dark brown fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 2 circles, 8 in. diameter. Brush head and body globes with Piping Gel, cover with fondant and smooth with hands. Brush neck area with damp brush and stack globes. Let dry overnight.
Roll 1 x 3 in. logs for legs with feet, 3/4 x 2 1/2 in. logs for arms with hands. Flatten and taper ends; score edges for fingers and toes. Attach to body; support with tissue and let dry completely. Roll 5/8 in. balls for ears; flatten, trim bottom edge and attach. Roll 1 in. ball for muzzle; flatten, shape and attach. Roll 1/4 in. balls for inner ears; flatten, trim bottom edge and attach. Roll 3/16 in. balls for eyes and nose; attach. Draw mouth with FoodWriter. Position on cake top at reception.
Prepare wagon support base. Use hot glue gun to attach Grecian Pillars to bottom of 10 x 14 in. cake board, about 1 in. from corners.
Bake and cool 3-layer cakes. Trim one 6 in. and one 8 in. layer to make 5 in. high squares in yellow and blue. Bake five 10 x 2 in. cakes; use 3 for rose cake, cut two lengthwise in half and stack three halves to make 5 x 10 x 6 in. high green rectangle.
Step 5Tint fondant: 36 oz. light yellow, 36 oz. light green, 48 oz. light blue, 72 oz. light rose to cover cakes; 8 oz. dark rose, 6 oz. each dark yellow and dark green and 4 oz. dark blue. Prepare cakes and cover with rolled fondant; reserve excess fondant for trims. Prepare for Stacked Construction.
Make cake trims. Use reserved fondant to cut fondant ribbons using Ribbon Cutter/Embosser. Cut stars, rounds and hearts using smallest Cut-Outs; attach using damp brush. Reserve remaining fondant. For yellow: Cut 8 in. lengths for 4 flat ribbons and 4 loops using 2 wavy wheels with 1/4 in. spacer; use narrow end of tip 6 to cut and remove center dots. Attach flat ribbons to cake. Form loops, pinch slightly and secure ends with damp brush; support with tissue and let dry on cornstarch-dusted board.
Cut and attach about 60 stars. For blue: Cut 2 strips, 14 in. long, using 2 beaded wheels and no spacer; attach. Cut and attach about 45 rounds. For pink: Cut 10 in. lengths for flat ribbons and 8 1/2 in. lengths for loops. Cut pink base using 2 zigzag wheels with 3/4 in. spacer; cut light pink center strip using 2 straight wheels with 1/2 in. spacer. Attach layers. Attach flat ribbons to cake. Form loops, pinch slightly and secure ends with damp brush; support with tissue and let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Cut and attach about 70 hearts. For green: Cut strips using 2 wavy wheels and no spacer. Cut six 10 in. lengths and six 7 1/2 in. lengths for flat ribbons; attach. Cut 10 strips, 4 to 6 in. long, for curls. Wrap loosely around Cookie Sticks dusted with cornstarch; let set 15 minutes then slide off and let dry on cornstarch-dusted board.
Make letters. Roll out small amount of reserved dark blue, pink, green and yellow. Cut letters using cutters from set; attach to wagon using damp brush.
At reception: Position wagon on base. Use fondant adhesive to attach wheels to sides of wagon to hide pillars. Position cakes. Attach loops and curls with icing dots. Position bear. Attach wagon handle, trimming bottom if needed to create angle..