The Best Nest Cookie
Add name tags to these perkily potted aviaries to use as personalized place markers. Shape birdhouses by reshaping cookies created with a Square Crinkle Comfort Grip Cutter.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Square Crinkle Comfort Grip™ Cutter Add to shopping list Square Crinkle Comfort Grip™ Cutter
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 2D Add to shopping list Tip: 2D
- Easy-Add Tip: 225 Add to shopping list Tip: 225
- Easy-Add Tip: 65 Add to shopping list Tip: 65
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- 3 in. diameter clay pot
- 3 in. diameter craft block
- Plastic grass
- Small paring knife
In advance, using royal icing, make 10 tip 225 violet drop flowers with tip 2 white dot centers. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Divide dough in half; tint half yellow and half rose. Using crinkle cutter, cut out yellow birdhouse cookie. Trim one corner off cookie between second and third scallop.
To make rose eave, using crinkle cutter, cut a band 1/2 in. wide; (cut top edge, then cut again 1/2 in. below). Use large opening of tip 2D to cut out round opening in birdhouse.
Remove circle of dough and roll half as thick as original dough. Cut thinned dough once again with large opening of tip 2D and place in original position. Bake and cool both pieces.
Use black icing and tip 3 to pipe center hole of birdhouse (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). To make bird, pipe tip 8 ball head and body, add tip 65 pull-out wings. Pipe tip 2 dot eyes and tip 2 pull-out beak and feet.
Attach eave and dowel rod (cut to desired height) to cookie with royal icing. Attach flowers to eave and rod with royal icing; add tip 65 leaves. Position circular craft block in clay pot and cover with plastic grass. Insert cookie on dowel rod.
*For small amounts of color, you may substitute Wilton Tube Decorating Icing and Coupler Ring Set.