Fondant Ribbon Cut…
The Best Gift Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Pastel Yellow Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Pastel Yellow Rolled Fondant
- Your favorite 2-layer cake mix
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Rose Icing Color (for baby reveal)Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (24 oz.)Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-to-Use Pastel Green Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-to-Use Pastel Green Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
cake serves 20
- Easy-Add Fondant Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set Add to shopping list Fondant Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
24-48 hours in advance: Make yellow fondant bow (this links to instructions). Cut the base for bow using yellow fondant and largest round Cut-Out. Make bow loops, 8 in. long x 1 in. wide.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes. Tint a portion of buttercream icing pink or blue for the baby gender reveal. Pipe a white icing dam around edge of bottom layer. Fill center with tinted icing.
Stack cakes. Prepare for covering cake with rolled fondant by icing lightly and cover with white fondant. Smooth with Fondant Smoother.
Roll out green fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut a square 8 ½ in. Position on cake top and trim edges to match sides of cake. Cut ribbon, 36 in. x 1 in.; ribbon and attach to top border of cake with fondant adhesive. Begin and end the ribbon at a corner.
Cut two yellow fondant strips, 18 in. long x 1 in.; position criss-cross on cake top. Attach strips to cake with fondant adhesive.
Roll out pink and blue fondant 1/16 in. thick and cut dots using smallest Cut-Out. Attach dots to cake with fondant adhesive.
Attach bow to cake top with fondant adheisve.