The Berry Basket Cake
What could look fresher than a berry-topped cake decorated with intertwined basketweave and rope borders? This intricate look will impress every guest, but the technique is easy to master with a little practice.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
Favorite cake recipe or 2-layer cake mix
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Cake Board (optional)Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Fanci-Foil Wrap (optional)Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Metal Spatula Add to shopping list Metal Spatula
Bake and cool your favorite 2-layer cake recipe or mix. Place on serving platter or foil-wrapped cake board cut to fit.
Ice cake smooth in rose buttercream. Decorate sides of cake with basketweave using tip 18. Add tip 18 top and bottom rope borders.
Just before serving, position berries on cake top.