Stand-Up Cuddly Be…
The Bear Necessities Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Pillow Mints Add to shopping list Pillow Mints
Cake serves 12; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 233 Add to shopping list Tip: 233
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Baby Cradles Add to shopping list Baby Cradles
- Easy-Add Baby Blocks Favors Add to shopping list Baby Blocks Favors
- Easy-Add Shower rattles Add to shopping list Shower rattles
- Easy-Add Rocking Horses Favor Accents Add to shopping list Rocking Horses Favor Accents
- Easy-Add A-B-C and 1-2-3 Cutter Set Add to shopping list A-B-C and 1-2-3 Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Tapered Spatula Add to shopping list Tapered Spatula
- Easy-Add White Tulle Circles Add to shopping list White Tulle Circles
- 2 Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Separator Plates (12 inch needed)Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Separator Plates Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Separator Plates
- Easy-Add 3 in. Grecian Pillars Add to shopping list 3 in. Grecian Pillars
- Easy-Add 12 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 12 in. Cake Circles
- Waxed paper
- Plastic wrap
- 1/8 in. wide white satin ribbon (12 in. needed for each favor)
One day in advance: Lightly cover top of one 12 in. separator plate with piping gel. Roll out pastel fondant 1/4 in. thick and cut sixteen 3 in. squares (4 of each color) with straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser. Imprint squares, some with narrow end of tip 6, others with wavy or ridged wheels of Cutter/Embosser. As each square is imprinted, place on waxed paper, to create a 4 squares high x 4 squares wide quilt formation (cover squares with plastic wrap as you work). When quilt is complete, place a 12 in. cake circle on top, aligning at top and bottom edges. Cut around the circle and position pieces on separator plate, attaching edges with damp brush.
Roll out dough; using alphabet cutters, cut out "BABY" cookies; bake and cool. Roll out pastel fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut "BABY" letters; attach to cookies with piping gel. Reserve remaining fondant.
Bake and cool bear cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Trim off right arm. Build up arm area with buttercream, to align with other arm. Position on fondant-covered separator plate. Ice bottom of feet smooth. Pipe in tip 3 eyes and mouth, tip 6 nose and inside ears (smooth features with finger dipped in cornstarch). Cover bear with tip 233 pull-out fur, omitting arms. Position letter "A" cookie in arm area; using tip 6 and heavy pressure, build up arms and hands to attach letter. Cover arms with tip 233 pull-out fur. Position pillars on plain separator plate; position fondant-covered plate on top. Position remaining letter cookies.
Make 5 rattle, 4 cradle, 4 rocking horse and 3 baby block favors. Place mints in center of tulle circle, lift sides of circle over candy and gather together at center. Tie satin ribbon at gathering point. Place candy bags in blocks or tie to other favor holders. Position favors.