Stand-Up Cuddly Be…
The Artist Cake
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- 2001 Pattern Book (Palette Pattern)Easy-Add 2001 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2001 Pattern Book
- Metal Bear Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Stick Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Stick
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Hot Glue Gun
- Craft knife
In advance, to make "canvas" for easel, roll out fondant to 1/8 in. thickness and cut to 5 x 7 1/2 in. rectangle. Let dry on board dusted with cornstarch. To make bear for canvas, tint fondant brown, roll to 1/8 in. thickness and cut out with bear cookie cutter. Let dry on board dusted with cornstarch. Pipe tip 3 facial features on bear when dry. Attach bear to canvas with icing. Set aside.
To make easel, leave 3 wooden dowel rods 12 in. length. Cut additional dowel rod to 5 in. length. Glue 3 long dowel rods at top with hot glue; attach 5 in. dowel rod in front for canvas rest with hot glue. Set aside.
To make palette, roll fondant to 1/8 in. thickness and trace pattern from book and cut with craft knife. Let dry. Dip brush in paste color and paint dots on palette.
To make paint brush, cover lollipop stick with fondant tinted brown. Add a small ball of yellow fondant on end of brush and use craft knife to cut small bristle strips. Add a small amount of brown fondant on end of brush to resemble paint. Set aside to dry.
Bake and cool cake following package instructions. Trim approximately 1 in. off left arm (palette will be positioned here later). Pipe-in bottoms of feet with tip 7; smooth with spatula. Pipe inside of ears with tip 4 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Use tip 4 to pipe-in nose, eyes, and rims around eyes (smooth all with finger dipped in cornstarch). Outline mouth with tip 4 strings. Use tip 1A to build additional length on both arms. Position paint brush in bear's hand and overpipe hand and cover bear with tip 18 stars. Attach palette to bear's hand with icing.