That Glazed Look Skull Cake
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 3-D Skull Pan Add to shopping list 3-D Skull Pan
- Easy-Add Jelly Roll Pan Add to shopping list Jelly Roll Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
Bake and cool cake according to package directions.
Level cakes, trimming to rim. Fill halves with thinned buttercream icing and place pieces together. Place skull on cooling grid positioned over jelly roll pan.
Fill decorating bag with glaze and cut tip off bag with an opening similar to a tip 3. Quickly cover the back of skull with glaze. If necessary, take a wet spatula to smooth glaze as it cools. Repeat process for front half. Carefully smooth the glaze in the eye sockets and nose. Remove glaze from missing teeth area.
Brush black sparkle gel into eye sockets, nose and missing teeth area. Take edge of brush to mark individual teeth.