Jumbo Muffin Pan
Thankful Couple Cake
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 10.
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Jumbo Muffin Pan Add to shopping list Jumbo Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Confectionery Tool Set Add to shopping list Confectionery Tool Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Waxed paper
Two days in advance, make man's hat brim. Color 1/4 package of fondant brown roll out and cut a 5 in. diameter circle, trim 1/2 off one side of circle. Let dry completely on waxed paper covered board dusted with cornstarch. Reserve remaining fondant for hat.
Bake and cool two half ball cakes and two jumbo muffin cupcakes. For woman's hat, cut one cupcake in half horizontally using larger piece for shaping top of hair and hat; secure pieces in place with icing. Prepare cakes for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Tint 24 oz. of fondant copper; cover ball cakes; smooth. For man's hat, trim crown off cupcake and turn upside down, ice with buttercream then cover with reserved brown fondant. Attach brim with damp brush. For hat band, tint fondant darker brown and roll a 1/2 in. wide x 10 in. long strip and attach with damp brush. For buckle, cut a 1 x 1 1/2 in. rectangle of yellow fondant and cut out a small square at center; attach with damp brush. Using 3 in. diameter balls of dark brown and yellow fondant, roll out and cut strips for hair. Score lines in woman's hair with veining tool from set. Attach hair with damp brush. Make facial features: roll a 3/4 in. copper ball for nose, 1/2 in. white balls for eyes (flatten to shape), 1/4 in. brown balls for pupils, a thin brown string for mouth; attach with damp brush.
Make 1 1/2 in. copper mounds for ears; cut pink cheeks using wide end of tip 2A and attach with damp brush. For woman's hat, cover back with white fondant. Cut a 2 in. wide x 12 in. long strip of white fondant for brim; roll cut edge under on one side and attach with damp brush. Trim as needed.