Teddy Bear's Picnic Cake
Planning a larger party? Double your pleasure, double the fun! Here we’ve created a picnic scene with 2 Cuddly Bear cakes (each serves 12), a small cake basket and assorted cookies.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Mini chocolate chip cookies
Mini sugar cookies
Mini sandwich cookies
Cake serves 24.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add Angel Food Singles™ Mold Add to shopping list Angel Food Singles™ Mold
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 47 Add to shopping list Tip: 47
- Easy-Add Tea Party Candle Set Add to shopping list Tea Party Candle Set
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 2 1/2 in. x 12 in. satin ribbons 1 white, 1 pink
In advance, roll out fondant to 1/8 in. thickness and cut a 3 1/2 in. circle "plate". Roll narrow rope of fondant and attach to edge of plate with brushstrokes of water. Roll two 8 in. strips of fondant and twist together, shape to make handle of basket. Reserve remaining fondant. Let plate and basket handle dry.
To make basket: Ice top of Singles cake smooth. With serrated side of tip 47 up, pipe basketweave on sides. Position handle on basket. Set aside.
Place two cake boards together, tape and cover with Fanci-Foil Wrap. Make checked blanket: Tint 1 box of fondant pink and use reserved white. Cut 64 fondant rectangles (32 white, 32 rose) measuring 1 1/2 x 2 1/4 in. each. Position pieces on board in checkerboard fashion, attaching with brushstrokes of water. Set aside.
Trim right arms off both bears. Using tip 1A, pipe-in right arms. Ice bottoms of feet and inside of ears smooth with spatula. Pipe-in tip 4 noses and eyes (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Cover bears with tip 16 stars. Pipe tip 4 string eyelashes and mouths.
Position bows on bears. Place cup and saucer candle in one bear's hand and partially bitten cookie in the other bear's hand. Position bears, basket, cookies and candles on blanket.