Teddy Bear Mini Cake
Mini Bear Pan bakes up a cute Teddy that’s stands about 4 in. tall. Decorating is a snap…his fur is made using quick-to-do icing stars.
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Cake Release Add to shopping list Cake Release
Mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Mini Stand-Up Bear Pan Add to shopping list Mini Stand-Up Bear Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add 8 in. Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Spatula
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icings in covered containers until ready to use.
Make 2 cups buttercream icing:
Tint 1 ¼ cups brown
Tint 1/4 cup light brown
Tint 1/4 cup black
Reserve 1/4 cup white
Decorate in Order
Use tip 7 and light brown icing to pipe-in bottom of paws, inside ears and muzzle (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Use tip 2 and white icing tip pipe whites of eyes.
Use tip 4 and black icing to pipe in nose and pupils (smooth finger dipped in cornstarch).
Use tip 2 and brown icing to outline mouth.
Use tip 2 and brown icing to pipe paw pads.
Use tip 16 and brown icing top cover bear with stars.
Use tip 2 and white icing to pipe dot highlight on nose.
Preheat oven to 350 F or temperature per recipe directions. Your cake will unmold easily, without sticking, when you prepare the pan properly. Grease the inside of pan using a pastry brush and solid vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine or liquid vegetable oil). Spread the shortening so that all indentations are covered. Sprinkle about 2 Tablespoons flour inside pan and shake so that flour covers all greased surfaces. Turn pan upside down and tap lightly to remove excess flour. If any shiny spots remain, touch up with more shortening and flour to prevent cake from sticking. (You can use vegetable oil pan spray or vegetable oil pan spray with flour, in place of solid shortening and flour, or use New Wilton Cake Release, for perfect, crumb-free cakes!).
Heavy batters such as pudding added or pound cake mixes work best.
Clip mold halves together.
To bake, position mold bottom side up in stand. Pour 1 cup of cake batter into mold and position on cookie sheet in oven to catch any overflow. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove clips and gently lift off top half of mold. Let cool 5 minutes and remove back half. Place cake back into top half of mold to cool completely.
We recommend hand washing pan in hot, soapy water.