Tasty Brains Candy Treat
Hidden inside this candy treat are delicious brains made from crisped rice cereal. Form the head using our 6-Cavity Non-Stick Skulls Mini Cakes Pan and White Candy Melts® candy.
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Favorite crisped rice cereal treat recipe
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Midnight Black Halloween Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Midnight Black Halloween Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Red Tube Decorating Gel Add to shopping list Red Tube Decorating Gel
- Easy-Add Knife Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Knife Icing Decorations
Each cereal treat serves 1.
Pour melted white candy in pan cavities. Refrigerate until a 1/4 in. shell forms, about 7-10 minutes. Scoop out soft candy carefully as to not remove candy from front of pan. Smooth inside with back of spoon. Refrigerate until firm, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from pan.
Prepare crisped rice cereal treats, tinting marshmallow mixture with rose color before adding to cereal. Pack warm rice cereal mixture into skull shell.
With a hot knife cut top of head off with a jagged line. Add more rice cereal treat if needed. Note: if cereal mixture becomes too stiff to work with, warm in microwave several seconds.
Use melted black candy to pipe pupils, mouth and eyebrows.
Use melted red candy to pipe blood shots on eyes. Position icing decoration. Pipe red decorating gel onto cut edges and icing decoration.